Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed machine vs Luna II
RE: Resmed machine vs Luna II
My wife and I both had the recalled Phillips machine.  No replacement, yet.  I have an AirSense 11 and love it.  My wife had the Luna or wait option and selected the Luna II.  Some nights it has had a loud buzzing sound (not related to rainout), but it's not consistent.  If it continues, we will end up returning it.  Also, it is larger and heavier.  She had rainout with the humidity setting on 3.  As for the features, they are pretty consistent with the Resmed, but not having OSCAR import available is a bummer.  I'll post more, if we learn what causes the noise, and how to remedy it.  Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
After using a CPAP for 18+ years under the benign neglect* of my PCP, I had to get a new sleep test so that Medicare would cover new supplies. I've been very happy with a Resmed S9. But it's no longer under warranty, so the new sleep Dr. and I worked out that I'd get another Resmed--I was expecting a Airsense 10. At the appointment, they put a Luna II on the desk. I was confused; I'd never heard of the brand, so I told them I didn't know anything about the brand, and that I couldn't take it until I'd done research on the machine. I asked if it had remote access and was told that the manufacturer hadn't upgraded it yet.

They told me this model was all that was available since the recall had created demand across all brands. I told them that Dr. [name] had promised me I'd be getting a Resmed. They said they didn't know who Dr.[name] was. Lol, his office is 2 doors down in the same practice space, using the same waiting room and receptionist. I asked when I could get a Resmed. July, maybe. I said that I was happy to continue using my S9 until July, and he called up the chain and said there was a Resmed "in the safe" that he could give me. To my surprise, it was a spanking new Airsense 11.

I've never been so happy to be a squeaky wheel. The Luna II is very heavy (but sturdy!), and I travel a lot.

*Benign neglect= asking me once a year if I'm using it at least 4 hours a night, and prescribing supplies. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Many years ago, I made a "sock" of sorts out of a cheap, like microfiber, blanket cut and sewn, then slide your tubing down through and rainout is gone. Who needs heated tubing when you have insulation?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi I have their machine. Please tell what app you use with it
Post Reply Post Reply
The windows software that displays Luna II sleep data is called ReSmart. Just do a search from your windows device. My sleep practitioner said she really liked the reports because they are "really easy to read."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi unfortunately I don’t have windows.  I’m all apple.  Thanks for update
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here.  RESmart.

[commercial DME link removed.  Instead search google for "downloads ukcpap"]

I’m not aware of any other software for the Luna II.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
You can download the newer version of the RESmart software free-of-charge here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ndows-Only

That's the newer RESmart version 3.6.1.0000 version.

The one from the DME referenced above is the much older RESmart 1.07.39 version
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you found out how to stop the noise? I have a brand new Luna II, and it starts humming after a few hours.  I'm at my wit's end.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it the CPAP or the power supply that is humming? Have you tried placing the "hummer" on a piece of foam or a folded hand or bath towel to reduce the noise?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,363 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 86 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 174 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Question First night with CPAP (Luna G3) Big Ultima Energy 3 128 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,535 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 297 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 313 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.