Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics Amara View (new)
Respironics Amara View (new)
I received an email from Supplier #1 about a new mask they are calling the Amara View from Respironics. The picture showed a comparison from the Amara Full Face and the Amara View Full Face. It appears to be about the same size as ResMed's Mirage Liberty but instead of using pillows it looks like a nasal mask. Interesting design from what I can see.

I'd link in pictures but that would seem like I'm spamming the board and this is not my intention. I bring this up because I'm looking for a more traditional ffm. I like the Liberty but lately I can't keep a good seal with the pillows. If anyone gets this mask, I don't think it is out yet, let us know how it works for you.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Amara View (new)
(06-19-2015, 11:36 AM)AlanE Wrote: I received an email from Supplier #1 about a new mask they are calling the Amara View from Respironics. The picture showed a comparison from the Amara Full Face and the Amara View Full Face. It appears to be about the same size as ResMed's Mirage Liberty but instead of using pillows it looks like a nasal mask. Interesting design from what I can see.

I'd link in pictures but that would seem like I'm spamming the board and this is not my intention. I bring this up because I'm looking for a more traditional ffm. I like the Liberty but lately I can't keep a good seal with the pillows. If anyone gets this mask, I don't think it is out yet, let us know how it works for you.

My DME suggested that I try it out when it arrives there, because of the deep lines my Simplus leaves on my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks JVinNE. I'm close to the time when the DME wants to replace my mask. I may ask them about getting it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Details here: http://incenter.medical.philips.com/docl...vernum%3d1
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm. Not sure about the nose seal. Guess I'd have to try it on.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2015, 10:32 AM)AlanE Wrote: Hmm. Not sure about the nose seal. Guess I'd have to try it on.

I'm thinking the same thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it would drive me crazy with all those straps on my face. The very rare instances I get a mark on my nose, it doesn't last very long. And then to have my mouth covered too.....not for me unless everything else failed. I like being able to get a drink of water without taking my mask off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the Amara View for the last 7 nights and like it. The nose fit is excellent and I haven't experienced any soreness. The seal around the mouth is very good, except when lying on my back at my highest pressure (13cmH2O) -- then i've had small leaks around the mouth. I normally sleep on my side and try to keep the fit relatively loose, which may be unrealistic for 13cmH2O in the supine position. Tightening the straps solves that problem. I'm still getting used to to the Amara View, but this may be the mask for me (I'd prefer a pillows or small nasal mask, but i have mouth leak issues).
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2015, 11:20 AM)AndyB Wrote: I've used the Amara View for the last 7 nights and like it. The nose fit is excellent and I haven't experienced any soreness. The seal around the mouth is very good, except when lying on my back at my highest pressure (13cmH2O) -- then i've had small leaks around the mouth. I normally sleep on my side and try to keep the fit relatively loose, which may be unrealistic for 13cmH2O in the supine position. Tightening the straps solves that problem. I'm still getting used to to the Amara View, but this may be the mask for me (I'd prefer a pillows or small nasal mask, but i have mouth leak issues).

I'm thinking of getting this mask also next month however just now loving my Quattro air! I also need to drink water at night and this would be a problem with the new Amara so maybe I will hold off until more people give it reviews.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2015, 11:54 AM)Judy1843 Wrote: I'm thinking of getting this mask also next month however just now loving my Quattro air! I also need to drink water at night and this would be a problem with the new Amara so maybe I will hold off until more people give it reviews.

I get up in the middle of the night, take off the Amara View, drink some water, and put it back on. No big deal, at least for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 355 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,412 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,295 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.