Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics Amara View (new)
RE: Respironics Amara View (new)
(07-23-2015, 07:36 PM)AndyB Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 11:54 AM)Judy1843 Wrote: I'm thinking of getting this mask also next month however just now loving my Quattro air! I also need to drink water at night and this would be a problem with the new Amara so maybe I will hold off until more people give it reviews.

I get up in the middle of the night, take off the Amara View, drink some water, and put it back on. No big deal, at least for me.

Re-read your post and I may have misunderstood -- if you mean you want to be able to take a drink periodically without getting up and taking off your mask, then you're right, the Amara View won't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
I picked up an Amara View today. My Simplus FFM was causing bruising under my eyes. Even though I am a pretty big guy, with the medium cushion on the Amara View it leaked where the cushion meets my cheeks. The small cushion did not.

I going to try it through the weekend to see how it does. I really like the Simplus, it will be hard to beat. If I were not on blood thinner due to a stint in my lower abdomen, I doubt that the bruising under my eyes would be an issue. Sad

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
This looks like a scaled-up version of the Wisp, for Full Face. I like my Wisp very much; but as I've said there are nights when I need something else!

This might be a good alternative when I need a FFM

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been on cpap therapy for over 4 years. My untreated AHI is ~ 30. I am presently using the F+P simplus full face mask with the PR system one auto BIPAP.
I am thinking of purchasing the Amara View. I order all my supplies from another province, so I can't try any masks and return them. It is essentially "Caveat Emptor". My max pressure is 18. I am a side sleeper. Will I get more leakage with the Amara View. The respiratory tech at FPM Solutions where I get my supples hasn't seen enough reviews on the Amara View.
I always put a disposable silicon cushion on the bridge of my noise to minimize bruising and leaks. BTW, I have a huge selections of full face masks at home: Airfit 10, Quattro Fx, Mirage Quattro, etc plus a number nasal masks. I have too much congestion to use the nasal masks. I got a lot of leakage with the Airfit 10. I also found that the headgear kept stretching out. So far, the Simplus is the best for me. Unfortunately I can't wear glasses while wearing it. I like the designs of the Amara View. It would be great to wear with glasses.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thank-you
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with the Simplus and switched to the Amara View, not going back. I love it. If you get it give yourself some time to figure out how to get it setup like you want. My pressure is 15 and it works tine with that. When I put my glasses on I forget to take them off, so yep great with glasses.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response. I will probably order the Amara View now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2015, 08:07 AM)wnorm Wrote: Thanks for your response. I will probably order the Amara View now.

It's taken me a year to find a good mask and the Amara View is the best mask for me! I did struggle in the beginning due to getting the wrong cushion size however after that it has been wonderful. You can get a drink of water without taking off the mask. I just unhook one side and use a straw then hook it back up and go back to sleep. You can wear glasses and no more nose bridge soreness!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank-you for your reply. Amara View sounds like a safe bet
Post Reply Post Reply
When you get the Amara View, if you have trouble getting it to fit right, just post back here and we will be happy to give you some pointers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,058 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 355 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,412 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,294 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.