Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics Amara View (new)
RE: Respironics Amara View (new)
Mrs. Psycho has been using one since it came out. She's happy with hers, though she finds she needs to wash the seal daily....it seems to really pick up on any natural oils she has on her face. Other than that, she's very happy with it and it seems to be working for her.

I'm tempted to give one a go next time...but for now I'm good playing with my TFM and pillows (yes, I play with both ends of the mask spectrum...I am one of those horrible people who can pretty much work with anything as long as it fits ) Wink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Originally I was given the Amara View FFM. There just was something about that seemingly extra piece of cushion near the nostrils, that leaves a hole where the nostrils are that caused me issues. With that mask I was a mouth breather. After 2 weeks of trying it, they gave me the regular Amara FFM.

No issues with it.

I did like the strap fit of the view and the lack of the forehead part better, the regular works much better for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 12:18 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: Mrs. Psycho has been using one since it came out. She's happy with hers, though she finds she needs to wash the seal daily....it seems to really pick up on any natural oils she has on her face. Other than that, she's very happy with it and it seems to be working for her.

I'm tempted to give one a go next time...but for now I'm good playing with my TFM and pillows (yes, I play with both ends of the mask spectrum...I am one of those horrible people who can pretty much work with anything as long as it fits ) Wink
Yes I also need to clean my cushion everyday! I just snap off the cushion and rinse it in my had with a drop of dawn!
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the Amara View. It was very comfortable, but I'm a side sleeper and couldn't keep a seal because of how it sits under the nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2016, 07:45 PM)usertc Wrote: I tried the Amara View. It was very comfortable, but I'm a side sleeper and couldn't keep a seal because of how it sits under the nose.

Hello usertc,

I'm a side sleeper too and I was having that issue of leaks from my nose into my eyes at the beginning. I was having the wrong size of cushion. Since I changed for a medium no leaks at all !

The Amara view is great for me so far (2 weeks). I was having a sensitive columella and nose tip in the morning but with the following advice from PoolQ :

(02-05-2016, 01:56 PM)PoolQ Wrote: When I first started using the Amara View I was concerned that it would not seal on my nose so I had it pulled up hard against my nose and this of course made my nose sore. I have since found out that I just needed it in the right place and when the air started the seal would inflate around the end of my nose and make the seal. I don't even know its on many times now.

See if you can adjust the top straps to let it float a little more. Try this when you have time to fiddle with it and not when you are trying to go to sleep.

I loosen the strap on the top of my head yesterday to lower the cushion a bit and today my nose is not sensitive Smile

It's my third mask tryout and for me it's a keeper !

All the best in your research of a new mask if the Amara View is not working for you !

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I also need to drink water. With the F10 FFM I use a mini-bottle of water and a straw. Remove the swivel and it works well. Would this also work with the view. Cannot tell with from the pictures. Does the elbow remove.

How wide is the mouth portion. Is it wider than the F10 FFM medium. I have a wide mouth ... I said "wide" not "big" Smile ... thus the F10 leaks at the corners of my mouth.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply
Gave it a try two weeks ago during a mask fitting. It was my favorite design of everything I tried and quite comfortable but no matter what we did, we couldn't get a seal on the nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2016, 05:04 PM)shewhorn Wrote: Gave it a try two weeks ago during a mask fitting. It was my favorite design of everything I tried and quite comfortable but no matter what we did, we couldn't get a seal on the nose.

That is my concern as I canot keep a seal on the FFM with nasal plugs and nose gets very sore - multiple tries. So not sure that the View will work either. Nasal only did not work as mouth leaked to much air even with chin strap.

Must be starting to adjust to the F10 FFM as the data is looking good. I found that using a wide chin strap helps to keep the mask in place but it feels like the old mask I had to use in Alaska while flying in the Navy years ago - warm and confining. Hope the View would stay in place sleeping on my side and not feel so closed in. May give it a try.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,056 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 355 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,412 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,294 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.