Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics BiPAP AutoSV SD card/Encore Basic
Respironics BiPAP AutoSV SD card/Encore Basic
Hi,

I'm brand new to the forum ... trying to learn so I can help my wife Jan, who is the patient.

She just went on BiPAP and I'm trying to monitor her therapy.

After assigning the SD card to her (in Encore Basic), I attempted to download 2 days worth of data. When I tried, I got a message "Read successfully - data not valid and was not saved". There should have been 2 days worth of data on the card.

Encore Basic had indicated that the card had already been initialized.

What's happening and how do I fix the problem?

Thanks,

John
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics BiPAP AutoSV SD card/Encore Basic
Update on the SD card ... The machine itself indicates that the card has been initialized ... but it also indicates that there is 100% memory available.

After 2 nights of recording, it should show less than 100% available!

It's also unlocked ... tab is (up) toward the end with the terminals.

Is it possible that this brand new card is defective?

Thanks,

John

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi johnprz,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use data-management software, but hang in there and someone will be able to help you with your questions and best of luck to you and your wife with CPAP therapy and learning all the ins & outs of her machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2014, 05:22 PM)johnprz Wrote: Update on the SD card ... The machine itself indicates that the card has been initialized ... but it also indicates that there is 100% memory available.

Look and see if there are files on the card with dates for the nights she's used it.

There are known issues with your machine and EncoreBasic. Some have solved it by using an older PC running Windows XP, others have used EncorePro.

I recommend you try SleepyHead.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the exact same problem - with the loaner machine and the one I just purchased - it seems as though the data is encrypted or locked so that only some one (DME provider) with licensed sofware can access it.

I have tried encore basic as well as sleepy head to no avail. I have tried to register the machine to the software and still nothing.

When I took the loaner back to the DME provider he had no problems with the data using (encore any where).

The sd card is visible to windows and 20 days worth of data shows as only 6 megabyte of info on the properties of the card which is just plain and simply not accessible to me in any way.

It is actually showing files of about 325 kb with dates.

I am using latest and greatest windows 7 - 64 bit OS on solid state drive with top notch hardware to run it all.

I will try to install encore and sleepy head on my older (2007)lap top running windows vista and see what happens

I have one idea to try as a last resort and that is to reformat the sd card
and try and re-initialize it using the encore copy/version i have - If these guys actually went to all this trouble to force us to go to DME for data then I have a feeling that it wont work - Prolly will need a licensed DME copy of encore to initialize the card or read existing data.

Hope fully we can figure out a work around this.

Try to sleep well all and best regards:

ZOOphaugus

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2014, 07:14 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(08-31-2014, 05:22 PM)johnprz Wrote: Update on the SD card ... The machine itself indicates that the card has been initialized ... but it also indicates that there is 100% memory available.

Look and see if there are files on the card with dates for the nights she's used it.

There are known issues with your machine and EncoreBasic. Some have solved it by using an older PC running Windows XP, others have used EncorePro.

I recommend you try SleepyHead.

Sleepster,

Thank you for your response.

Under a folder named by the machine's serial number are files with info in it. Jan had only used the machine the night of 8/29 and 8/30. The files are dated 8/29 and yesterday/today.

The files dated 8/29: The earliest file is time stamped 7:25 PM. She turned the machine on at about 9:15 PM PDT. 13 total files.

The files "yesterday/today": The earliest time stamp is 8:05 PM as "today". The earliest time stamp for "yesterday" is 12:28 AM. She again went to bed at about 9:15 PM PDT last night. 24 total files.

The files for "yesterday/today" don't seem to make sense. Neither time stamp is close to the actual start time. Is this an indication of data corruption?

With data on the card, why would the Respironics machine indicate that the card is empty (100% available).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

By the way, I am running a Window Vista (Home) machine. I recall reading a post that Sleepyhead was a problem, to use Encore Basic.

I did try to download Sleepyhead for my Mac, but I could never find the program after the download/install was finished. I gave up.

I have Encore Pro v1.8, which only reads smart cards (her old CPAP machine). I'd love to have v2.0! Although the installation was over my head and was remotely installed by a CPAPer from Germany.

If there's anything in what I've just posted that might be a clue to you, again, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2014, 08:50 PM)zoophaugus Wrote: I have the exact same problem - with the loaner machine and the one I just purchased - it seems as though the data is encrypted or locked so that only some one (DME provider) with licensed sofware can access it.

I have tried encore basic as well as sleepy head to no avail. I have tried to register the machine to the software and still nothing.

When I took the loaner back to the DME provider he had no problems with the data using (encore any where).

The sd card is visible to windows and 20 days worth of data shows as only 6 megabyte of info on the properties of the card which is just plain and simply not accessible to me in any way.

It is actually showing files of about 325 kb with dates.

I am using latest and greatest windows 7 - 64 bit OS on solid state drive with top notch hardware to run it all.

I will try to install encore and sleepy head on my older (2007)lap top running windows vista and see what happens

I have one idea to try as a last resort and that is to reformat the sd card
and try and re-initialize it using the encore copy/version i have - If these guys actually went to all this trouble to force us to go to DME for data then I have a feeling that it wont work - Prolly will need a licensed DME copy of encore to initialize the card or read existing data.

Hope fully we can figure out a work around this.

Try to sleep well all and best regards:

ZOOphaugus

ZOOphaugus,

I saw your post and was hoping you'd gotten a solution!

If you followed my post, "Sleepster" indicated that Encore Basic with Windows Vista could be a problem.

Did your machine indicate that you had 100% available on the card with 20 days of use?

I'll try to let you know if I find a resolution ... let me know if re-initializing your card works.

Regards,

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2014, 08:50 PM)zoophaugus Wrote: I have one idea to try as a last resort and that is to reformat the sd card
and try and re-initialize it using the encore copy/version i have

Hi zoophaugus,

Rather than reformatting your present SD card, you can buy a new 2GB SD card and reformat it, to see if a newly-reformatted SD card works any better.

That way you will not erase data on your present card.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2014, 09:46 PM)johnprz Wrote: The files for "yesterday/today" don't seem to make sense. Neither time stamp is close to the actual start time. Is this an indication of data corruption?

Hi johnprz,

I don't know much about PRS1 machines, but I've read that there is no way to set the correct date/time on these machines, so it is normal for the time/date to be wrong.

Good luck.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem is that the software isn't able to read the files on the SD card, even though there is nothing wrong with the files themselves or the card. The issue is that the upper level Respironics machines produce files that are a problem for the software to read.

Some people have solved the problem by using EncorePro instead of EncoreBasic, or using Windows XP instead of Windows 8.

SleepyHead also has trouble reading the files from these machines, and reports some of the information incorrectly. In some cases it can't read the files at all.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,058 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Basic question after night #1 Jskier 33 2,146 01-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.