Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics BiPAP ST
Respironics BiPAP ST
I just got a new Respironics System One BiPAP ST machine from the VA. It doesn't have any patient feedback except hours, that I can find. I asked the VA tech and was told to use sleepmapper.com. But it doesn't support this machine. Does anyone know of a free software that will give me my daily results? The machime has the attached cell modem. I don't want to have to pull the sd card.
Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics BiPAP ST
Hi HowieS,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question about your machine and data-management software and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you have the rarely seen PRS1 model 1060P which is not supported by Sleepyhead. I think you can download data into EncoreBasic available here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

The SV is a unique machine and most users are on the 960 Auto S/V when they have complex apnea. Can you elaborate a bit on why you were prescribed this machine?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not the SV machine. I've been on BiPAP for over 15 years. I have complex apnea, both centeral and obstrutive. My 7 year old Resmed bipap ST as been giving me problems and the data download system hasn't worked for several years. The Los Anglese VA uses Respironics. I'm not impressed with the new machine. If I can't find a free software to read it I'll be taking it back to them. My son goes to the San Diego VA and they use Resmed. I may have to start going down there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2015, 11:09 PM)HowieS Wrote: It's not the SV machine. I've been on BiPAP for over 15 years. I have complex apnea, both centeral and obstrutive. My 7 year old Resmed bipap ST as been giving me problems and the data download system hasn't worked for several years. The Los Anglese VA uses Respironics. I'm not impressed with the new machine. If I can't find a free software to read it I'll be taking it back to them. My son goes to the San Diego VA and they use Resmed. I may have to start going down there.

Howie, I'm quite sure the machine you want is the Philips Respiroinics Auto SV model 960. It is equivalent to the Resmed VPAP Adapt SV. It is an adaptive servo ventilator designed to treat patients with complex sleep apnea. Your ST machine model 1060 is intended for patients that suffer from obesity, COPD and hypoventilation with spontaneous timed (ST) respiration function. You would not be the first to receive the WRONG machine. If you can get it switched to the model 960 it is fully compatible with Sleepyhead. If you have central apnea or complex apnea, the SV is the correct machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, thanks for the reply. I tried a Resmed SV machine before I started using my last Resmed. I had it for 2 weeks and had nothing but trouble. It just wouldn't breath with me. The therapest said I wasn't breathing strong enough to triger the machine? So they put me back onto a straight Bipap ST.
I know about getting the wrong machine. I started with a Respironics bipap st in 1999, a big box without a humidifier. Living in the desert, my nose was always very dry and often bleeding. I startedwiping my nose with vasalin at bedtime and that helped. My dr. sent me to another sleep dr. That gave me a straight bipap. 2 years of headaches in the morning. Went to a different dr. and got the ST machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The conditions you describe seem to indicate the PRS1 Auto SV might be a better fit, and it is extremely adjustable. Anyway, getting started with the Encore software is your only option with that machine. Let me know if you have any questions on using or interpreting the Encore data...I used it for a lot of years, and still have it on the computer and compare to Sleepyhead.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2015, 11:19 AM)HowieS Wrote: Sleeprider, thanks for the reply. I tried a Resmed SV machine before I started using my last Resmed. I had it for 2 weeks and had nothing but trouble. It just wouldn't breath with me. The therapest said I wasn't breathing strong enough to triger the machine? So they put me back onto a straight Bipap ST.
I know about getting the wrong machine. I started with a Respironics bipap st in 1999, a big box without a humidifier. Living in the desert, my nose was always very dry and often bleeding. I startedwiping my nose with vasalin at bedtime and that helped. My dr. sent me to another sleep dr. That gave me a straight bipap. 2 years of headaches in the morning. Went to a different dr. and got the ST machine.

With both OA and CA, I had real problems with automatic ventilators (would prefer root canal) before going on the 1060P. EncoreBasic 2.4 works just fine with it, but I use the SD card to download data to my computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I just got upgraded to this same machine, c series bipap st, 1060p. I'd been on an older bipap for a couple years, with only slight improvement. New titration showed central/ complex with 40 of 80 events central. It also showed RLS was causing insomnia. So with ropineral and a new machine, I'm finally starting to get some results. I'd love to get a better look at my data. It looks like I need encore basic. So I sent the request for that download.
I'm curious if there is a way to access data via the modem they covered the SD card with? Or do I just need to remove the modem and pull the SD card to read that? I know I'm on an old thread, but thought it was appropriate as the topic is the same. Thanks for any suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you need to pull the sd card and use encore basic to read it. It gives you most of the info you'll want. I have a good DME provider that's working with me. I just give them a call and they download the data and e-mail it to me. That's the easiest way to do it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 679 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,433 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,299 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.