Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics DreamStation Humidifier Heat problem
Sad 
Respironics DreamStation Humidifier Heat problem
Hello everyone,
I recently have an issue with my CPAP machine.
 and end with the Humidifier does no function at all now,
 which was working well in last year.
Pardon my English since it is not my first language. Thank you for your help!

[Problem Detail]
Both "Heat Plate" and "Heated Tubing" do not heat up.(Including "Preheat" function)
I've try the following actions but still did not workout. (No error code display)
  1) Changed the Humidification from "Adaptive" to "Fixed".
  2) Upgraded the firmware from "V.1.1.0" to "V.1.1.1".
  3) Upgraded the firmware from "V.1.1.1" to "V.1.1.4".
  4) I try "CPAP", "C-Check" and "Auto" modes.
  5) Other, the Heat tube can be detected as "HT15" by the device automatically when I plug it into the Humidifier.

[Device Information]
CPAP       : DreamStation AutoCPAPHumHT DOM (Model: DSX500T11)
Humidifier: DreamStation Hum Core Pack DOM (Model: DSXHCP)
Tube       : Heated Tube for DreamStation 15mm (Model: HT15)
Firmware version: V.1.1.4 (Upgraded from V.1.1.0 to V.1.1.1 and then V.1.1.4)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics DreamStation Humidifier Heat problem
Hi superkid,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Did you get your machine where you are living? If so, you might take it back to where you got it. Hopefully, someone will come along with other suggestions.
Hopefully, you will be able to get your problem resolved.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation heated humidifier is sold as a separate component for about $100 USD. It is most likely that the problem is isolated within the humidifier rather than the flow generator. I suggest you look into warranty replacement, and if not available, you can replace the component at a reasonable price.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Hello Trish6hundred,
Unluckily, I live far away from where I purchased the device. This may be my last option to send it back to where I got it. Thanks for your suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Superkid, you should be able to continue using your machine with the humidifier in passive mode (no heat). If you can contact your equipment seller, ask about exchanging only the humidifier so that you don't have to risk shipping off your entire machine, and losing therapy time. Again the cost of the humidifier DSXHCP through Supplier #10 is $99 USD, and they ship overseas (which may nearly double the cost).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2018, 07:05 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Dreamstation heated humidifier is sold as a separate component for about $100 USD.  It is most likely that the problem is isolated within the humidifier rather than the flow generator.  I suggest you look into warranty replacement, and if not available, you can replace the component at a reasonable price.

Dear Sleeprider,
Thanks for your advice. But I'm still trying to find some way to isolate the problem (on humidifier side or flow generator side).
As I found another similar case on a different model (System One 50 series), which was caused by overhead, due to the connection gets corroded on the flow generator motherboard, then some connector was melt and power disconnected for the humidifier.
I'll try to check the circuit of the heated humidifier, and between the flow generator after I got my new Multimeter with AMP function.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2018, 07:59 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Superkid, you should be able to continue using your machine with the humidifier in passive mode (no heat).  If you can contact your equipment seller, ask about exchanging only the humidifier so that you don't have to risk shipping off your entire machine, and losing therapy time.  Again the cost of the humidifier DSXHCP through Suppler #10 is $99 USD, and they ship overseas (which may nearly double the cost).

Dear Sleeprider,
Thanks for your advise again.
I've checked the circuit between the tube connectors (3 pins) and the connectors (3 out of 6 pins) on back of the humidifier by the multimeter and it seems no problem. (I cannot check the heat-plate inside the humidifier since it was sealed.)
And I already try on two Heat-tubes but still cannot generate heat on the tubes (even though both can be detected by the machine automatically.)
So I consider that the problem should be the heating circuit on the flow generator side.
It is quiet hard for me to use CPAP mode at 10 cmH2O without the humidifier, as I woke up at mid-night as my throat was too dry.
I'll try to contact the vender for shipping back the machine for checking since it should have 2 years warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just my obseravatons. I have the same unit and have had it for about 7 months now. In the bedroom where it is cool I go through very little water. A full reservoir would diminish in about 6 nights. Recently we had to use the murphy bed in the living room, warmer. I'd use half a reservoir each night. Back in the cooler bedroom and little humidification. I have humidity set on auto. I don't know why this is the case and initially thought that it might not be working right.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2018, 09:21 PM)DanGagner Wrote: Just my obseravatons. I have the same unit and have had it for about 7 months now. In the bedroom where it is cool I go through very little water. A full reservoir would diminish in about 6 nights. Recently we had to use the murphy bed in the living room, warmer. I'd use half a reservoir each night. Back in the cooler bedroom and little humidification. I have humidity set on auto. I don't know why this is the case and initially thought that it might not be working right.

Yes, you are right. I recognize my problem since the weather getting cold a few month ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
I stay in Singapore (hot and humid), and with the heated host, it's set to Adaptive by default (even when I set it to Fixed). My humidifier and heat tube doesn't seems to work at all even at Level 5 for both...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,326 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,462 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 756 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.