Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it?
Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it?
I have a new Cpap mask it is aRespirinics DreamWisp when I check on cleaning instructions many of the manufacturers say clean daily.  

From a practical point of view that is impossible in my humble opinion.

How do you clean it and how often in the real world is it cleaned?

Thank you,

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics DreamWisp practical way to clean it?
I would rinse and refill the humidifier water tub daily. I'd suggest you should be OK with weekly washing of your hose, tub, and mask parts. Use very warm water and a bit of Dawn dish soap or equivalent. Soak in that for several minutes, lightly scrub all, then rinse with fresh warm water. I use running water to rinse the interior of the hose and everything else as well. Drain and thoroughly air dry. Change the machine filter monthly, sooner if it gets dirty faster. The machine itself can be wiped down with a cloth weekly as well.

PS forgot headgear, not sure of the type you've got, but some users have mentioned occasional laundering.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash the nose part every day. the actual frame i wash once a week in warm soapy water and rinse afterward. i usually do it in the morning and hang it on a rack. usually by night time it is dry
Post Reply Post Reply
You Thank you why do you wash everyday?

I have been on a CPAP machine for 30+ years and I have never washed them daily I have washed them every 1-3 weeks in non scented soap currently deer hunters clothing washing soap.  So far so good.

I only use a humidifier in the winter.

What is the need for daily washing?

Do you have the DreamWisp mask?  It would be much harder to do that one daily in my humble opinion.

Thank you for your assistants!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 11:38 AM)Whopperstopper Wrote: You Thank you why do you wash everyday?

I have been on a CPAP machine for 30+ years and I have never washed them daily I have washed them every 1-3 weeks in non scented soap currently deer hunters clothing washing soap.  So far so good.

I only use a humidifier in the winter.

What is the need for daily washing?

Do you have the DreamWisp mask?  It would be much harder to do that one daily in my humble opinion.

Thank you for your assistants!

I only wash the nosepiece every day. I have quitte oily skin and sweat a lot. So i do it on a daily base to keep it clean and fresh. I also noticed that the masks seals better if its clean. I have the dreamwhisp mask yeah. The nosepiece is easy removable. The headgear i only do once a week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Daily cleaning for me? I empty that water tub, rinse once and refill with tap water. I do not have the DreamWisp but a ResMed F20 and N30i, neither of which are cleaned daily. My initial post was my take of what could be a reasonable cleaning schedule for some.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you that makes sense.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 6 127 7 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,800 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 263 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 857 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 855 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 401 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 483 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.