Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex 550P Issue
RE: Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex 550P Issue
The connector where the power supply plugs into the back of the machine is a bit iffy. Try wiggling it a bit, playing with the cord, etc. and see if you get a similar problem.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2012, 03:12 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Yeah that could be it. Coffee I had this exact same problem when I was running my S9 AutoSet right after I got it - would turn off, then re-boot for no apparent reason. Totally forgot about that.

Okay, when I go for a new machine put me down for NOT getting that option! There are some things that just should not have an Auto-Off feature!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2012, 03:39 PM)mjbearit Wrote: Okay, when I go for a new machine put me down for NOT getting that option! There are some things that just should not have an Auto-Off feature!

The ResMed S9 AutoSet has this function, but you can turn it completely off in the menu so it won't be an issue.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2012, 06:38 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(06-06-2012, 03:39 PM)mjbearit Wrote: Okay, when I go for a new machine put me down for NOT getting that option! There are some things that just should not have an Auto-Off feature!

The ResMed S9 AutoSet has this function, but you can turn it completely off in the menu so it won't be an issue.
PRS1 has that too Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so, I checked the machine and I have the auto on and auto off options both turned off. For extra precaution I took my sponge filter out of the back and washed it and let it dry. Tonight before I go to bed I'm going to unplug it completely and fiddle with the power supply connections, the connection to the humidifier, and maybe see if it's shorting out somewhere there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2012, 06:54 PM)PreciousRoy1981 Wrote: Ok, so, I checked the machine and I have the auto on and auto off options both turned off. For extra precaution I took my sponge filter out of the back and washed it and let it dry. Tonight before I go to bed I'm going to unplug it completely and fiddle with the power supply connections, the connection to the humidifier, and maybe see if it's shorting out somewhere there.

Roy, was the auto-off function turned on or off while your issues were happening?

Also, let us know how it turns out... inquiring minds want to know... Grin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

I don't use the auto-off feature, but I do have it enabled.

You can just take your mask off in the morning and walk away. It saves you from exerting the effort necessary to reach over and push the button. Too-funny
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2012, 07:09 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I don't use the auto-off feature, but I do have it enabled.

You can just take your mask off in the morning and walk away. It saves you from exerting the effort necessary to reach over and push the button. Too-funny

Dang, really? You can take you mask off and walk away? Well shoot! Sign me up! I do so get tired of pushing that OFF button! One of these days I'll get the butler trained, then all will be good! LOL!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2012, 06:54 PM)PreciousRoy1981 Wrote: For extra precaution I took my sponge filter out of the back and washed it and let it dry.

There's a thin white filter behind that sponge filter. Hopefully you're replacing it when you clean the sponge filter.

You should be able to see on the display how much free space you have on the SD card. I have no idea if this could even be an issue, but if the SD card is full AND the machine's internal memory is full, maybe that's the cause of the shut-down?
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Just clarification from the PRS1 user manual

• Auto on - You can enable this feature if you want the device to automatically turn the airflow on whenever you apply the interface (mask) to your airway. You can also disable this feature.

• Auto off - You can enable this feature if you want the device to automatically turn the airflow off whenever you remove the interface (mask) from your airway. You can also disable this feature.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 45 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.