Moriarty Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics REMStar 50 Series Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Pakel Pilairo Q
Humidifier: Respironics System One
CPAP Pressure: 8.5-20 (average 9.4)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Image above is my CPAP machine...

Sex: Male

Respironics Series 60 Auto Setup Menu
Hi folks,
I intend to buy a Philips Respironics Remstar Auto 60 Series with Heated Tube Humidifier [AU561TS] very soon and would like to know if anyone can confirm that the way into the Setup Menu is the same on the Series 60 as it is on the Series 50?

As a side note - it seems that the model Numbers are slightly different for Australia and, presumably, for other markets.... hence my question since the models in the forum list don't exactly match the AU model.

Thanks

David

Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2015 06:28 AM by Moriarty.)
01-29-2015 06:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Sex: Female

RE: Respironics Series 60 Auto Setup Menu
(01-29-2015 06:25 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  Hi folks,
I intend to buy a Philips Respironics Remstar Auto 60 Series with Heated Tube Humidifier [AU561TS] very soon and would like to know if anyone can confirm that the way into the Setup Menu is the same on the Series 60 as it is on the Series 50?

As a side note - it seems that the model Numbers are slightly different for Australia and, presumably, for other markets.... hence my question since the models in the forum list don't exactly match the AU model.

Thanks

David

Greetings,
I don't know much about the 50 Series, but I have the 60 Series with Heated Tube.
I can only tell you that on the 60 series, just press the round knob on top of machine, a screen will show up with Therapy, Flex, Info and Setup. Turn knob to highlight setup and press again. If you want to access the forbidden Clinical Menu, hold down the round knob and the ramp button(has arrow on it) at the same time till you hear a beep, then you are in. This is the menu where you can set your own pressure changes. Hope this helps. Smile

OpalRose
01-29-2015 02:46 PM
Moriarty Offline

Advisory Members

(01-29-2015 02:46 PM)OpalRose Wrote:  ...I can only tell you that on the 60 series, ... Hope this helps. Smile

Yep - thanks OpalRose - I now have the 60 in my hand and I can see that it is identical to the 50 in that respect.

What's not as good as the 50 though is the shoddy bag. The 50 came with a nice padded bag with internal pockets for the tube and the book/spare filter etc. The new bag is the same at first glance but it is not padded - has thin fabric and no pockets apart from the divider for the power brick. Very disappointing for a (supposedly) top line machine.

I look forward to trying it to night.

Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
01-30-2015 05:35 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

(01-30-2015 05:35 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  
(01-29-2015 02:46 PM)OpalRose Wrote:  ...I can only tell you that on the 60 series, ... Hope this helps. Smile

Yep - thanks OpalRose - I now have the 60 in my hand and I can see that it is identical to the 50 in that respect.

What's not as good as the 50 though is the shoddy bag. The 50 came with a nice padded bag with internal pockets for the tube and the book/spare filter etc. The new bag is the same at first glance but it is not padded - has thin fabric and no pockets apart from the divider for the power brick. Very disappointing for a (supposedly) top line machine.

I look forward to trying it to night.

Moriarty,
Yes, I heard that complaint before. Mine came with the wimpy bag too. I suppose that Respironics felt they should cut back and save a buck. It's too bad that they didn't think the bag important. I was thinking now when I travel, I'll have to buy
a different case to protect the machine better. Someone on this forum, I can't remember who, said they bought a camera case. It really gets me angry that we should have to spend extra for a better case on top of all the other costs associated with CPAP. Oh-jeez
Good luck with your new CPAP, I really do like mine!

OpalRose
01-30-2015 08:14 AM
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Series Sixty Auto Aflex
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: PRS1 with Heated Hose
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 min 16 max

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

Yep I have the 60 wife the 50 series. Both setup menus patient and the clinical setup work the same way.

60 uses the heated tube humidity option or the system one humidity like the 50 series and has a slightly faster responding firmware with a few more bells and whistles. And needs an 80 watt power supply. Other than that they are pretty much the same machine as far as how to get into both setup menus.
01-30-2015 10:24 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Moriarty Offline

Advisory Members

(01-30-2015 08:14 AM)OpalRose Wrote:  ... Mine came with the wimpy bag too. I suppose that Respironics felt they should cut back and save a buck. It's too bad that they didn't think the bag important. I was thinking now when I travel, I'll have to buy a different case to protect the machine better. Someone on this forum, I can't remember who, said they bought a camera case. ...

...Good luck with your new CPAP, I really do like mine!

Thanks OpalRose.
I will keep my 50 and its case for my traveling machine - but a camera bag could work well.

I like that the 60 is quieter and that it has a heated tube that monitors the temperature at the mask end.

I also like that it has the 1 day AHI on the display as well as the 7 day and 30 day averages that my 50 shows.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2015 05:03 AM by Moriarty.)
01-31-2015 04:59 AM
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

(01-31-2015 04:59 AM)Moriarty Wrote:  
(01-30-2015 08:14 AM)OpalRose Wrote:  ... Mine came with the wimpy bag too. I suppose that Respironics felt they should cut back and save a buck. It's too bad that they didn't think the bag important. I was thinking now when I travel, I'll have to buy a different case to protect the machine better. Someone on this forum, I can't remember who, said they bought a camera case. ...

...Good luck with your new CPAP, I really do like mine!

Thanks OpalRose.
I will keep my 50 and its case for my traveling machine - but a camera bag could work well.

I like that the 60 is quieter and that it has a heated tube that monitors the temperature at the mask end.

I also like that it has the 1 day AHI on the display as well as the 7 day and 30 day averages that my 50 shows.

Moriarty,
Can you image what the machines will be like in say 5 or 10 years? I'm hoping they can tell me what stage of sleep I am in and for how long.
They should also be able to monitor oxygen levels...or am I expecting tooooo much?
:grin:

OpalRose
01-31-2015 11:51 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

I find I tend to forget the first step of turning the knob to the "settings" position whenever I mess with a PRS1 machine.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
02-01-2015 05:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] respironics bipap error code hanasdaddy 6 122 12-07-2016 01:48 AM
Last Post: hanasdaddy
  Respironics 9 minute cycle with no events. pixpop 2 91 12-06-2016 09:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] Respironics blower failure SleepyinMTL 2 138 12-03-2016 12:52 AM
  [Pressure] How to change pressure - Respironics Solo slgoltz 5 20,027 11-30-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: randx2
  First machine!! Just arrived, setup help please. SJGino 4 271 11-16-2016 08:49 PM
  respironics pillow covers? metropical 3 244 11-08-2016 11:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can't get to the clinician menu Star 4 361 11-06-2016 12:28 PM
Last Post: robysue