Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics Series 60 Auto Setup Menu
Respironics Series 60 Auto Setup Menu
Hi folks,
I intend to buy a Philips Respironics Remstar Auto 60 Series with Heated Tube Humidifier [AU561TS] very soon and would like to know if anyone can confirm that the way into the Setup Menu is the same on the Series 60 as it is on the Series 50?

As a side note - it seems that the model Numbers are slightly different for Australia and, presumably, for other markets.... hence my question since the models in the forum list don't exactly match the AU model.

Thanks

David
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Series 60 Auto Setup Menu
(01-29-2015, 06:25 AM)Moriarty Wrote: Hi folks,
I intend to buy a Philips Respironics Remstar Auto 60 Series with Heated Tube Humidifier [AU561TS] very soon and would like to know if anyone can confirm that the way into the Setup Menu is the same on the Series 60 as it is on the Series 50?

As a side note - it seems that the model Numbers are slightly different for Australia and, presumably, for other markets.... hence my question since the models in the forum list don't exactly match the AU model.

Thanks

David

Greetings,
I don't know much about the 50 Series, but I have the 60 Series with Heated Tube.
I can only tell you that on the 60 series, just press the round knob on top of machine, a screen will show up with Therapy, Flex, Info and Setup. Turn knob to highlight setup and press again. If you want to access the forbidden Clinical Menu, hold down the round knob and the ramp button(has arrow on it) at the same time till you hear a beep, then you are in. This is the menu where you can set your own pressure changes. Hope this helps. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2015, 02:46 PM)OpalRose Wrote: ...I can only tell you that on the 60 series, ... Hope this helps. Smile

Yep - thanks OpalRose - I now have the 60 in my hand and I can see that it is identical to the 50 in that respect.

What's not as good as the 50 though is the shoddy bag. The 50 came with a nice padded bag with internal pockets for the tube and the book/spare filter etc. The new bag is the same at first glance but it is not padded - has thin fabric and no pockets apart from the divider for the power brick. Very disappointing for a (supposedly) top line machine.

I look forward to trying it to night.
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2015, 05:35 AM)Moriarty Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 02:46 PM)OpalRose Wrote: ...I can only tell you that on the 60 series, ... Hope this helps. Smile

Yep - thanks OpalRose - I now have the 60 in my hand and I can see that it is identical to the 50 in that respect.

What's not as good as the 50 though is the shoddy bag. The 50 came with a nice padded bag with internal pockets for the tube and the book/spare filter etc. The new bag is the same at first glance but it is not padded - has thin fabric and no pockets apart from the divider for the power brick. Very disappointing for a (supposedly) top line machine.

I look forward to trying it to night.

Moriarty,
Yes, I heard that complaint before. Mine came with the wimpy bag too. I suppose that Respironics felt they should cut back and save a buck. It's too bad that they didn't think the bag important. I was thinking now when I travel, I'll have to buy
a different case to protect the machine better. Someone on this forum, I can't remember who, said they bought a camera case. It really gets me angry that we should have to spend extra for a better case on top of all the other costs associated with CPAP. Oh-jeez
Good luck with your new CPAP, I really do like mine!
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep I have the 60 wife the 50 series. Both setup menus patient and the clinical setup work the same way.

60 uses the heated tube humidity option or the system one humidity like the 50 series and has a slightly faster responding firmware with a few more bells and whistles. And needs an 80 watt power supply. Other than that they are pretty much the same machine as far as how to get into both setup menus.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2015, 08:14 AM)OpalRose Wrote: ... Mine came with the wimpy bag too. I suppose that Respironics felt they should cut back and save a buck. It's too bad that they didn't think the bag important. I was thinking now when I travel, I'll have to buy a different case to protect the machine better. Someone on this forum, I can't remember who, said they bought a camera case. ...

...Good luck with your new CPAP, I really do like mine!

Thanks OpalRose.
I will keep my 50 and its case for my traveling machine - but a camera bag could work well.

I like that the 60 is quieter and that it has a heated tube that monitors the temperature at the mask end.

I also like that it has the 1 day AHI on the display as well as the 7 day and 30 day averages that my 50 shows.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 04:59 AM)Moriarty Wrote:
(01-30-2015, 08:14 AM)OpalRose Wrote: ... Mine came with the wimpy bag too. I suppose that Respironics felt they should cut back and save a buck. It's too bad that they didn't think the bag important. I was thinking now when I travel, I'll have to buy a different case to protect the machine better. Someone on this forum, I can't remember who, said they bought a camera case. ...

...Good luck with your new CPAP, I really do like mine!

Thanks OpalRose.
I will keep my 50 and its case for my traveling machine - but a camera bag could work well.

I like that the 60 is quieter and that it has a heated tube that monitors the temperature at the mask end.

I also like that it has the 1 day AHI on the display as well as the 7 day and 30 day averages that my 50 shows.

Moriarty,
Can you image what the machines will be like in say 5 or 10 years? I'm hoping they can tell me what stage of sleep I am in and for how long.
They should also be able to monitor oxygen levels...or am I expecting tooooo much?
:grin:
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I find I tend to forget the first step of turning the knob to the "settings" position whenever I mess with a PRS1 machine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 101 2 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,056 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 199 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,940 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.