Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] correct pressure ?!?
correct pressure ?!?
So, I was on 12/7 bilevel for a while and under 5 AHIs an hour. This increased, so the doctor had it set to auto for a month. This showed an ok AHI of 6 with a 90% pressure value of 12/8.8.

Then she said leave on auto, or set back to 12/7. Hmm why not set to 12/8.5? Any comments on this? Would the software be of any use in determing this, I can wait 3 months and get in to the doctor for his opinion ugh..

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: correct pressure ?!?
Welcome asleep10. I am not an expert on the bilevel machines, but I'm sure someone will chime in. There is not a lot of difference from 7 to 8.8 on the exhale side and I'm not sure that stops the apnea but gives the exhale relief . So the auto mode may still move around and help with changing conditions. Make sure to fill in all the mask and machine info when you get the chance as it all matters.
Software will help if you are making small slow changes and you can learn what to look for in the data to see if it is helping. So you found the right place to come for help and a chance to learn. Read a bunch of posts, search old posts and you will find lots of info.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi asleep10,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What mask and machine do you have?
That information will help others to help you. Hang in there and best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Consider running on auto and using software.
The AHI is a convoluted number. If it's mostly from Hypoapneas, then 6 isn't too bad.

At least use the software and become an educated patient. You'll see how your therapy is doing on a nightly basis.
Each night is different. My take on doctors who treat sleep apnea is that they settle for "good enough." When it could be better.

At 12 IPAP, 7 EPAP, your getting 5 cm-H2O expiratory relief.

My machine is like yours, except it is a ResMed. I give my my machine a limited range in which to vary pressure during the night.

So, best advice -- get the software and follow your therapy. Educate yourself and become your best advocate.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,646 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  CPAP Settings correct? nickng33 1 429 11-21-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP isn't helping. Do I actually have SDB, and are my PAP settings correct? Sleeper44345 15 1,178 08-20-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: jwest
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 644 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 647 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.