Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Respironics "System One Resistance"
There is a setting on the Respironics being "System One Resistance". The documentation is useless.

I have a ResMed Airfit F10 full face mask, and a short beard. Any ideas as to what the correct "Resistance" should be? (Or ideas as to how that really affects the machine.)
Post Reply Post Reply
The S1 resistance fine-tunes the machine for Respironics brand mask volume and exhaust design. No resistance numbers are provided for Resmed or other brand masks, and the instruction is to leave the resistance setting at 0 (off). The only time I used the resistance setting, I set my Resmed P10 mask to the comparable Respironics pillow mask. It had a negative effect on my AHI, so I have left it at zero since. Suggest you ignore this setting unless you use a Philips Respironics mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi aberglas,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the better brand? Resmed or Respironics Arios 22 949 Yesterday, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ASV: Anyone Used Both Resmed and Respironics ASV? VisitorX 9 412 12-12-2017, 01:00 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP cleaning system Tommy C 112 90,651 12-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respironics Dreamstation problems Rimaggio 8 797 11-29-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post: RLSdss
  Low resistance turns of cpap kyork 6 304 11-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: kyork
  [CPAP] Auto mode on Respironics IS better! TimtheEnchanter 3 250 11-13-2017, 02:42 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Ever used a Respironics ASV? Please take this survey. VisitorX 0 126 11-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Last Post: VisitorX