Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Room Setup/non-CPAP Equipment
Room Setup/non-CPAP Equipment
Hi. I'm new. My machine is on it's way, hopefully I'll get it this week. 

I am trying to figure out what non-medical stuff I should get for success, basically how should I setup the room. I thought I saw a post somewhere about binder clips and hose management, but I can't seem to think of the keywords to bringing it around. I'm a side sleeper, I have a wife and cat I share the bed with.  

So yeah, other then equipment settings, how can I make this successful? or am I overthinking it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Room Setup/non-CPAP Equipment
Get a fleece tube cover like the Snugglehose. It keeps the cats off it, is soft to the touch and much better than the cold plastic hose sleeping next to you.  I use a simple lanyard and loop it around the tube and suspend it from the headboard or wall. This lets the mask move freely without pulling the tube with your face. If you want to eliminate the appearance of medical equipment in the room, consider putting the CPAP in a bedside drawer with the tube and power running out the back-side. You can open the drawer to maintain the humidifier and equipment, but when the drawer is closed, it all disappears. Makes thing quieter and it's impossible to pull the equipment off the table, and will keep your cats from sleeping on it.  I have refined this a bit, use a new longer fleece cover and don't have a phone anymore, but it still looks about like this.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28461]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a hose hanger/ holder. Doing that was one of the best things I did for my CPAP Therapy. I also use a hose cover. It protects and insulates (to some degree) the hose, as well as making it much quieter if it's moving around and rubbing against things. 

My machine sits atop a file cabinet alongside my side of the bed. It's the same level as our top mattress. The hose runs uphill to the top of our bed's headboard, then back down to me. I never experience any rain-out issues. 

Make sure though, that it is somehow secured to whatever you have it placed on. Mine sits on some of that Rubbermaid shelf gripper stuff. Once it's on there, it's all but impossible to move it, unless you pick it straight up. 

I'm also a side sleeper as well as a die hard mouth-breather. I'm using full face masks, the AirFit F20 and F30. I'm using a heated hose, but I never have it turned on. It came with my machine. 

Once you receive your machine and start using it, things will fall into place quite quickly. The people on this forum are amazing and have a wealth of information & experience. There's nothing that they can't help you with. 

BTW.....Hello & welcome to the very best APNEA forum in existence. You're in very good hands here.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
You’re not overthinking it, don’t worry about that. You will build a little routine for yourself as you find out how useful it is to have everything ready to go before bedtime.

I’ve changed my setup over the years when I saw a good tip online or thought of something myself. Being flexible and open to change is always a good thing. The goal is to not be dog tired at midnight and realize you still have to wash your mask or are too tired to pour water out of a full jug, etc. 

One thing I’ve really loved having is a little storage box for extra supplies. I tuck it under the lowest shelf under my bipap. Extra water tank or cushion, hose, filters all fit in it. When we had the wildfires I would check my filter before bed and grab a new one easily if needed.

A good bedside table really makes a difference. Took me 4 years to get that right. It’s very personal to your setup, so work with what you’ve got and look around at what other people do to get ideas if you think you could arrange your setup better. I now use an IKEA open bamboo wardrobe with a sliding screen on the front to hide everything. The side next to my bed is all open shelves and it holds absolutely everything. Water cup, Kleenex, mini garbage, floss, meds all sit in a tray on one shelf. It holds bins for sheets, pj’s, socks.

My absolute favorite thing: a 2.5 gallon water dispenser next to my bipap so I can fill or top off from the little spigot. Dump my old water in a jug I keep in a tray under the bed and water my lovely plants that sit atop my little bedside wardrobe shelves.

Oh and I now keep my machine on a silicone dish drying mat. It keeps it from moving if I tug the hose too much, and catches any spills. Of course I haven’t spilled a single drop since! I have fumbly hands and have dropped the water tank taking it in our out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 77 10 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,672 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,937 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 248 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 8 551 01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.