Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Routine for the H5i
Routine for the H5i
What's the routine for cleaning the tank lid gasket and view window?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Routine for the H5i
I just got mine, and asked. Plain soap and water, vinegar and water, etc...I was told to not even bother taking it apart until it started to look funky - just rinse it.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Cleaning? You have to clean that thing?

Seriously, I just wash out the tank every few weeks whether it needs it or not.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I mean this gasket and glass window.
[Image: IMG_1568a.jpg]
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
my clinicians manual says you can gently peel away that lining and wash it.
Post Reply Post Reply
That was what I was talking about. If distilled (or the like) is used, maybe monthly if that?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2014, 11:48 AM)Peter_C Wrote: That was what I was talking about. If distilled (or the like) is used, maybe monthly if that?
ResMed say monthly too, "Peel the flip lid seal from the flip lid and wash it in warm water using a mild detergent"

I've to be careful with those flimsy lid hinges

Post Reply Post Reply
7 months and haven't thought about it. (No distilled water for me either.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2014, 05:02 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-06-2014, 11:48 AM)Peter_C Wrote: That was what I was talking about. If distilled (or the like) is used, maybe monthly if that?
ResMed say monthly too, "Peel the flip lid seal from the flip lid and wash it in warm water using a mild detergent"

I've to be careful with those flimsy lid hinges
Zonk:
Those hinges are one of the weak points of the design. I fear I'll break one just opening the lid.

Mongo
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mongo,
I wash the gasket every 6 months or so () with my other parts. As far as the lid gose, I wipe it down every so often. I try not to remove the lid because of the hinges.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I structure a routine of increasing mask compliance on a daily basis? NoddingHacker 2 853 05-10-2020, 10:16 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] AS 10 AutoSet is doing a jackhammer routine ShaunBlake 6 1,328 08-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.