Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] S10 Auto vs Dream Machine auto
RE: S10 Auto vs Dream Machine auto
(02-23-2017, 03:20 AM)leadslinger Wrote: SLEEPRIDER, when you say the resmed has two algorithums, standard and soft is this in reference to the black airsense or the " for her " airsense as thought it was only the "for her" that had a softer setup. These two units are the same price and if your not worried about what colour the machine is, then you get more options with the "for her" airsense, logical choice really.

One needs to verify the that the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset offered comes with the Response feature that allows a choice of the standard or soft. Seems it first came out in Australia and some suppliers in the USA still did not carry the model with the Response feature as they had older stock to clear. I was checking on it before getting the Dreamstation for a much better price.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2017, 08:26 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 03:20 AM)leadslinger Wrote: SLEEPRIDER, when you say the resmed has two algorithums, standard and soft is this in reference to the black airsense or the " for her " airsense as thought it was only the "for her" that had a softer setup. These two units are the same price and if your not worried about what colour the machine is, then you get more options with the "for her" airsense, logical choice really.

One needs to verify the that the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset offered comes with the Response feature that allows a choice of the standard or soft. Seems it first came out in Australia and some suppliers in the USA still did not carry the model with the Response feature as they had older stock to clear. I was checking on it before getting the Dreamstation for a much better price.

Thats a good point.  It would be helpful to know when the change was made.  You can determine when your unit was made by the serial number so it could be helpful in knowing whether you have it before you accept the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S/N on our unit is 20162112, so it is quite recent, and I know dual mode Autosets were available well before that. I would think most of the old stock is gone by now unless you are buying from a large national DME that buys many units and distributes them to branch offices.

You got your answer, it is the black Autoset, and not For Her.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
great bit of info for everyone, so thanks for your troubles. I've been reading alot recently and this is the first time this has come up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,410 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,650 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Resmed Aircurve 11 V-Auto URGENT HELP Keesh23 10 257 04-06-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 754 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,516 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 314 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.