Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

TUBE DRYING WITH ResMed AirSense10
TUBE DRYING WITH ResMed AirSense10
Will running the ResMed Airsense10 AutoSet with the mask off and humidifier empty {to dry out the tubing with the air flow} have any effect on the reported indexes, leak rate, etc.? Tried a hair dryer on LOW and melted a hole in the tube! FYI...duct tape is great for sealing a hole.[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: TUBE DRYING WITH ResMed AirSense10
Hi Rosie,

As you suspected, you don't want to run the machine in normal operating mode to dry out the tube because that will log the time as if you were using the machine. I have no idea what the data would look like but if the machine is turned on in normal operating mode, then the meter is running.

What you can do instead is turn on the machine in mask fit mode, which will blow air through the tube and will not log the time as normal use. Some others have said their machines will shut off automatically after about five minutes, but my Air Sense 10 Auto will run mask fit for as long as I leave it turned on.

I did that yesterday when my tube didn't completely dry from swinging and hanging it up. I ran the mask fit and went about doing other things for way over an hour. When I got back it was still blowing air until I turned it off. It did not log any of that time on the SD card or resmed/myair. It did use up some water from the humidifier reservoir, which I had to top off again before going to sleep.

I'm not sure if it hurts anything to use a tube that is not completely dried yet. But in my own case I dried out the tube as best I could by running mask fit, as others have recommended and it seemed to work okay.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried MASK FIT but after it ran for about 5 minutes the machine shifted automatically into normal operating mode and as you pointed out, the meter started running. BTW, you can get a part that replaces the humidifier reservoir so there is no water present when drying out the tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 11:11 AM)ROSIE Wrote: I tried MASK FIT but after it ran for about 5 minutes the machine shifted automatically into normal operating mode and as you pointed out, the meter started running. BTW, you can get a part that replaces the humidifier reservoir so there is no water present when drying out the tube.

I recognize that some people have humidity problems that I don't have. Have you considered buying a tea towel, adding a cord to it and running that through your tube to regularly dry it and then hanging it? You can place it into a clean, covered box when not in use. Use the mask fit for a final dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
mosquitobait... brilliant idea! doh!

Rosie... hmm, we seem to have the same machine and I didn't notice it going into operational mode after five minutes on mask fit (but I did walk away for a long time). Now I can't wait to go pull up that data in Sleepyhead and see what actually got logged. Smile

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 106 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.