Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

S9 Auto Setting
I'm a newbie to this forum and not completely sure of all the rules. I'm terrible about reading instructions which is important to my question. After 10 years of using a 420E and the silverling software it finally died. After a bit of huffing and puffing my DME finally provided me a new APAP -- S9 Auto. They did provide me with the clinical manual which is less than stellar. The data provided on the machine is pretty minimal. As I was going thru the clinical setup screens yesterday, I got to the options screen. On that screen I noticed date and time settings were not current. Sometime in the 2009s if I remember right. Anyway I decided to change them to the current date and time. When I went into the check data today It only showed 1/1 for days>4 and 0 for compliance days yet 8.5 hrs of usage. Prior to that it showed 5/6 and 0 compliance days. I guess my question is how badly did I screw up the data storage and can I recover? Mostly I'm concerned because Medicare is checking my compliance. Huh
08-12-2012 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

RE: S9 Auto Setting
Hi Masked Man, First, WELCOME! to the forum.! I don't know the answer to your question but just hang in there and keep checking back and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you. Best of luck.

trish6hundred
08-12-2012 01:47 PM
big_dave Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One DS560
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: F&P Pilairo Q or ResMed Mirage Activa
Humidifier: PR System One
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Former ResMed S8 Autoset II user

Hi Masked Man,
Unfortunately, you can't change the date/time without erasing the data on a ResMed machine. You can forget about setting the clock back in the fall. This is by design, so you won't lose data as long as you don't change the clock.
I've heard that Sleepyhead has a time adjustment to compensate for a clock problem, although I don't use Sleepyhead. I haven't looked for aa setting like that in ResScan.
08-12-2012 02:28 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
big_dave Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One DS560
Mask Make & Model: F&P Pilairo Q or ResMed Mirage Activa
Humidifier: PR System One
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 20

Other Comments: Former ResMed S8 Autoset II user

Your machine might have a bad CMOS battery. You can test it by unplugging it for a few minutes, and then checking whether the date and time are still correct. If it goes back to 2009 (when the S9 came out), you'll want to get that battery replaced. It's an internal part on the motherboard.
08-12-2012 02:38 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(08-12-2012 12:37 PM)Masked Man Wrote:  After a bit of huffing and puffing my DME finally provided me a new APAP -- S9 Auto.
Welcome to Apnea board Masked Man
What S9 Auto the DME gave you - S9 AutoSet or S9 Escape Auto
You want S9 AutoSet preferably a newer one ....(S9 Escape Auto only shows hours used and AHI, No leak and other features)
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
08-12-2012 04:16 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

And if you or your insurance just paid for a 3 yr old machine, even if it has been sitting in a box, then you need to take it back and request one that is newer. If nothing else, to let them know you won't stand for such stuff. Probably very little to no difference in the firmware but, still, kinda tacky of them.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-12-2012 07:39 PM
EyesWideOpen Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 14

Other Comments:

Masked Man....Unless you have an insurance company that likes paying for old stock, I'd be taking that S9 back to the DME and demanding the latest version of the machine. Firmware version 905 was the latest that we discovered, unless I fell asleep while something else came out since May 2012. I'm sorry that his doesn't exactly answer your question, but I get angry when DME's try and dump old equipment on unsuspecting patients.
08-12-2012 08:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(08-12-2012 12:37 PM)Masked Man Wrote:  When I went into the check data today It only showed 1/1 for days>4 and 0 for compliance days yet 8.5 hrs of usage. Prior to that it showed 5/6 and 0 compliance days. I guess my question is how badly did I screw up the data storage and can I recover? Mostly I'm concerned because Medicare is checking my compliance. Huh

Hi Masked Man,

Looks like you only lost a few days, which probably won't be a problem. I think U.S.A. Medicare compliance requirements are to use the machine a minimum of 4 hrs per night for at least 30 of the first 90 days after receiving the new machine, or something like that. Anyway, I think the DME would be able to assure you losing a few days is not a problem.

The more important thing is to manage to get upgraded to a fully data capable machine instead of an S9 Escape Auto. I think any ResMed machine with Escape in the name reports only useage/compliance. The S9 Elite is great machine, which will give the doctor (and you) sufficient data to really see clearly whether your condition is being adequately treated. The S9 AutoSet is even better than the S9 Elite, since it reports full data and is an Auto. If necessary, perhaps your doctor would be happy to rewrite the prescription to specify a data capable model.

Good luck.

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 02:06 AM by vsheline.)
08-13-2012 02:00 AM
Masked Man Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 7-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Thanks for the responses. Sorry I didn't have the profile indicating a autoset. I've changed that. I guess I'll break down and call my dme. You'd think they'd have set the date to the day I picked up the machine. Other than the date indicated in the options window is there anyother way to tell when that mechine was manufactured?
08-13-2012 01:29 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] what setting for mask airsense 10 abrun7 1 180 11-17-2016 06:57 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem Reuven Gruber 6 303 11-16-2016 04:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help with mask setting please trader37 3 287 11-03-2016 02:34 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Any setting changes when adding O2 to CPAP Ham Radio 2 189 10-28-2016 11:54 PM
Last Post: Ham Radio
  [CPAP] Setting up this auto a-flex is really intimidating. SierraMadreMe 6 390 10-27-2016 04:25 AM
Last Post: SierraMadreMe
  setting for starting choce Bill Hall 2 220 10-26-2016 08:20 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [How to] Dreamwear mask setting on A10 sonicboom 4 350 10-21-2016 08:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom