Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] S9 Auto Setting
S9 Auto Setting
I'm a newbie to this forum and not completely sure of all the rules. I'm terrible about reading instructions which is important to my question. After 10 years of using a 420E and the silverling software it finally died. After a bit of huffing and puffing my DME finally provided me a new APAP -- S9 Auto. They did provide me with the clinical manual which is less than stellar. The data provided on the machine is pretty minimal. As I was going thru the clinical setup screens yesterday, I got to the options screen. On that screen I noticed date and time settings were not current. Sometime in the 2009s if I remember right. Anyway I decided to change them to the current date and time. When I went into the check data today It only showed 1/1 for days>4 and 0 for compliance days yet 8.5 hrs of usage. Prior to that it showed 5/6 and 0 compliance days. I guess my question is how badly did I screw up the data storage and can I recover? Mostly I'm concerned because Medicare is checking my compliance. Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Auto Setting
Hi Masked Man, First, WELCOME! to the forum.! I don't know the answer to your question but just hang in there and keep checking back and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you. Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Masked Man,
Unfortunately, you can't change the date/time without erasing the data on a ResMed machine. You can forget about setting the clock back in the fall. This is by design, so you won't lose data as long as you don't change the clock.
I've heard that Sleepyhead has a time adjustment to compensate for a clock problem, although I don't use Sleepyhead. I haven't looked for aa setting like that in ResScan.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine might have a bad CMOS battery. You can test it by unplugging it for a few minutes, and then checking whether the date and time are still correct. If it goes back to 2009 (when the S9 came out), you'll want to get that battery replaced. It's an internal part on the motherboard.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2012, 12:37 PM)Masked Man Wrote: After a bit of huffing and puffing my DME finally provided me a new APAP -- S9 Auto.
Welcome to Apnea board Masked Man
What S9 Auto the DME gave you - S9 AutoSet or S9 Escape Auto
You want S9 AutoSet preferably a newer one ....(S9 Escape Auto only shows hours used and AHI, No leak and other features)
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Post Reply Post Reply
And if you or your insurance just paid for a 3 yr old machine, even if it has been sitting in a box, then you need to take it back and request one that is newer. If nothing else, to let them know you won't stand for such stuff. Probably very little to no difference in the firmware but, still, kinda tacky of them.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Masked Man....Unless you have an insurance company that likes paying for old stock, I'd be taking that S9 back to the DME and demanding the latest version of the machine. Firmware version 905 was the latest that we discovered, unless I fell asleep while something else came out since May 2012. I'm sorry that his doesn't exactly answer your question, but I get angry when DME's try and dump old equipment on unsuspecting patients.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2012, 12:37 PM)Masked Man Wrote: When I went into the check data today It only showed 1/1 for days>4 and 0 for compliance days yet 8.5 hrs of usage. Prior to that it showed 5/6 and 0 compliance days. I guess my question is how badly did I screw up the data storage and can I recover? Mostly I'm concerned because Medicare is checking my compliance. Huh

Hi Masked Man,

Looks like you only lost a few days, which probably won't be a problem. I think U.S.A. Medicare compliance requirements are to use the machine a minimum of 4 hrs per night for at least 30 of the first 90 days after receiving the new machine, or something like that. Anyway, I think the DME would be able to assure you losing a few days is not a problem.

The more important thing is to manage to get upgraded to a fully data capable machine instead of an S9 Escape Auto. I think any ResMed machine with Escape in the name reports only useage/compliance. The S9 Elite is great machine, which will give the doctor (and you) sufficient data to really see clearly whether your condition is being adequately treated. The S9 AutoSet is even better than the S9 Elite, since it reports full data and is an Auto. If necessary, perhaps your doctor would be happy to rewrite the prescription to specify a data capable model.

Good luck.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the responses. Sorry I didn't have the profile indicating a autoset. I've changed that. I guess I'll break down and call my dme. You'd think they'd have set the date to the day I picked up the machine. Other than the date indicated in the options window is there anyother way to tell when that mechine was manufactured?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,172 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,996 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.