Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] S9 Autoset card reader dying
S9 Autoset card reader dying
I think my machine's card reader/writer is dying. I checked the data the other day and the previous 3 days were blank. It had stopped an hour into a 4hr nap I had taken. I put the card back in and the machine did not react/register it. Tried several times. Finally took out the card and unplugged the machine. When I plugged it back in, it said "SD card not detected". So I put the card back in and it said it was reading it then all was well.

The next day, checked the data, and the data for that night was there. When I put the card back in, it took two tries for it to see the card again. So now each night, I pop the card out and push it back in to make sure it sees it.

I have my S9 Escape which has a card reader. Is it possible to take put it in instead? Or is it too difficult, not worth it, or whatever?

I got this Autoset from SecondWind and I've had it for what, two years now? Three? Nov 14, 2012 so, yeah, a while. Heck, wonder if I am due for a new one anyway?

Sorry, I digressed. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 Autoset card reader dying
(01-01-2016, 04:22 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Any thoughts on how to fix this?

I had a similar thing happen to my PRS1. Eventually a friend of mine who has small and very adept fingers, plus very good eyes, peered into it and said that he could see that one of the contact prongs was bent up away from where it would make contact with the card. It took him a few minutes with tweezers and tiny screwdrivers to bend the prong back down. It has worked fine ever since.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deja vu Smile
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid118802
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine has not retained a SD card for months. Maybe since May? As soon as you insert the card, it ejects. I have been holding it in place by using folded up pieces of business card to jam it into place. I'd sure like to know how to kill the ejection spring.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2016, 04:22 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Might be worth trying a new SD card?

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if one could blow the dust out of the slot with DustOff?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I did try a second card. Same thing. Might not have been the right kind of card, though. 8gb SD back up card from my camera. I made sure it was empty first. The machine didn't even register it was there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2016, 12:44 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I did try a second card. Same thing. Might not have been the right kind of card, though. 8gb SD back up card from my camera. I made sure it was empty first. The machine didn't even register it was there.

If it's an older machine you might need to try a card less than (or equal to) 2.0 Gb.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was given my S9 it failed to download to the SD card fully, the man said he replaced the card and it has been fine ever since.

What is the maximum card size that a S9 less than a year old can handle?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2016, 12:44 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I did try a second card. Same thing. Might not have been the right kind of card, though. 8gb SD back up card from my camera. I made sure it was empty first. The machine didn't even register it was there.

s-9 machines, particularly the older ones, will not work with SDHC cards - on ly striaght SD cards which, IIRC, are limited to 2GB max. Neiither of the S-9 units I used would register anything on the bigger cards. The S-9, as you already know, is notorious for being cranky WRT cards.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 106 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,385 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,861 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  Resmed Airsense 11 autoset machine SD card and WIFI Tekno1 15 3,215 01-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Tekno1
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 755 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.