Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Liberty
Humidifier: HI5
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: S9 VPAP Auto
My PR BiPAP Auto Humidifier kept going out then machine started to malfunction . I was advised by the technician to switch to the S9 VPAP Auto, my not understanding the difference in machines I did so, I only realized how much the technician did not know any thing about the S9 VPAP Auto during the consultation yesterday, frustrated I left trusting he had properly set my S9 VPAP Auto settings.

I tried to use the machine for first time last night, the air was blowing so hard it was impossible for me to fall asleep.

Desperate I started to research this morning stumbling onto the Abnea Board, I took a chance and posted a help blog, best thing I could have done. .

You are correct I was hoping to get the setting for S9 VPAP Auto as close as possible to the PR BiPap I had been using. I now understand how different the machines are my goal now is to just be comfortable and be using the machine properly so that I am correcting my OAs. I will take your recommendation and set my PS to 4 tonight leave the MAX IPAP =16 and MIN EPAP = 4 and start from this point. I think this will give me the comfort I need to fall asleep and still have my IPAP and EPAP set properly so it still is correcting my OAs.

Again thank you for your time and suggestions I feel a lot more at ease, it feels so good to know that others are in the same boat but working together to help each other. All I was thinking prior to this board was I have to go back and trust the technician “kid” who knows nothing in the first place, if he did he would had not let me walk out that office with those settings.
05-17-2014 10:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  resmed s9 vpap s faliure marcus112 6 219 10-21-2016 08:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  airsense10 auto cpap(for him) VS DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500T11 w/HT humid rookiepom 5 547 10-09-2016 07:52 AM
Last Post: stephennic
Ohmy Resmed S9 auto vs Airsense 10 auto sleepyonpar1 6 625 08-11-2016 09:10 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Dreamstation auto or Resmed S9 auto? Ockrocket 13 714 08-04-2016 11:09 PM
Last Post: stephennic
  Still struggling with Resmed Aircurve 10 vpap auto after 7 months ckingzzzs 2 335 07-18-2016 09:40 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Looking for some thoughts on VPAP use ckingzzzs 7 832 07-18-2016 06:59 PM
Last Post: ckingzzzs
  Why did the air from my S9 VPAP Auto suddenly get very warm PaytonA 2 269 07-13-2016 12:40 AM
Last Post: chill