Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] S9 or S10?
S9 or S10?
I have been using a Resmed S9 Autoset for over 4 years, and am very happy with it, especially recently after learning a few things on this forum about pressures and reporting software. As I work away from my home on a regular basis, I am considering buying another machine so I can leave one at home and one at work. I am thinking just get another S9, but wondering if there is any advantage in buying an S10, or another brand. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 or S10?
You'll get a number of different answers but if I had to make the choice I would just get the same machine. You know the S9 and if it works well for you, why upset the apple cart.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
At least stay with the same manufacturer. You are accustomed to the ResMed algorithm. PR makes fine machines; but you may not achieve equal results with the same settings.

IMHO, even though the S9 is a generation behind, I'd get a second S9. Then you can mix and match humidifiers and power bricks in the event one fails.
Frankly, I prefer the S9's humidifier tank and that the humidifier is separable from the blower unit.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Steveoz,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Since you are used to the S9Autoset, stick with it.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2016, 09:14 AM)Steveoz Wrote: I have been using a Resmed S9 Autoset for over 4 years, and am very happy with it, especially recently after learning a few things on this forum about pressures and reporting software. As I work away from my home on a regular basis, I am considering buying another machine so I can leave one at home and one at work. I am thinking just get another S9, but wondering if there is any advantage in buying an S10, or another brand. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I switched from an S9 to an S10 and was very glad I did. There are pros and cons to both machines of course, but I much prefer the S10 and would not go back to the A9.
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends on the S10 version. The base unit does not give you more than hours of use and AHI index per day - no minute by minute data.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.