Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: min=8 Max=15
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Question SD Card Data
I have just downloaded the ResScan software to my desktop computer. Can anyone tell me, when I download all the data from the SD Card to the ResScan software, is that data then removed from the SD Card or is it left intact on the card?

The reason I ask is that I have to email my SD Card Data to a Diagnostics company every 3 months for CPAP Compliance reasons. I`m a truck driver and have to be in compliance with DOT regulations.

I don`t want to download the data from the card if it is not then available for my 3 monthly Compliance report when I email the files.

I hope this makes some kind of sense. Thanks Kevden.
01-16-2013 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

RE: SD Card Data
(01-16-2013 04:36 PM)kevden Wrote:  I have just downloaded the ResScan software to my desktop computer. Can anyone tell me, when I download all the data from the SD Card to the ResScan software, is that data then removed from the SD Card or is it left intact on the card?

The reason I ask is that I have to email my SD Card Data to a Diagnostics company every 3 months for CPAP Compliance reasons. I`m a truck driver and have to be in compliance with DOT regulations.

I don`t want to download the data from the card if it is not then available for my 3 monthly Compliance report when I email the files.

I hope this makes some kind of sense. Thanks Kevden.

The information should still be on the card. But you can back up the whole thing to a subdirectory on your hard drive for safe keeping. Just to be sure.
01-16-2013 04:56 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(01-16-2013 04:36 PM)kevden Wrote:  I have just downloaded the ResScan software to my desktop computer. Can anyone tell me, when I download all the data from the SD Card to the ResScan software, is that data then removed from the SD Card or is it left intact on the card?
hello and welcome
it does not affect compliance hours
every time you insert the card into the machine, the machine write all summary data on the card including compliance hours

if detailed data is important to you, make sure to download at least once a week (otherwise data older than 7 days cannot be retrieved)

S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data and 7 days of high resolution data
01-16-2013 05:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
jgjones1972 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX
CPAP Pressure: 18 - 20

Other Comments: CMS50I PulseOx

Data will stay on card, if you want to be absolutely sure of this you can lock the SD card before putting it in your computer SD slot or external SD drive. There should be a little sliding lock tab on the side of the SD card (something similar to what was on 3.5" floppy discs). This will keep your computer from being able to write anything to the card (or remove anything from it). You'll have to unlock it again when you put it back in your PAP.
01-16-2013 05:06 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi kevden and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
01-16-2013 06:22 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

(01-16-2013 04:36 PM)kevden Wrote:  The reason I ask is that I have to email my SD Card Data to a Diagnostics company every 3 months for CPAP Compliance reasons. I`m a truck driver and have to be in compliance with DOT regulations.

Just puzzled. What does that have to do with anything?
I say that realizing I don't have to reveal my stats to anyone if I so choose, but I'm doing it in hopes to kick butt hard enough so that people will realize that I'm not interested in settling for a... a... BRICK. Seems like they expected me to. But that's the only reason why anyone else had the need to know my details.
01-16-2013 07:48 PM
kevden Offline

New Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset

Other Comments:

(01-16-2013 07:48 PM)Ugly Wrote:  
(01-16-2013 04:36 PM)kevden Wrote:  The reason I ask is that I have to email my SD Card Data to a Diagnostics company every 3 months for CPAP Compliance reasons. I`m a truck driver and have to be in compliance with DOT regulations.

Just puzzled. What does that have to do with anything?
I say that realizing I don't have to reveal my stats to anyone if I so choose, but I'm doing it in hopes to kick butt hard enough so that people will realize that I'm not interested in settling for a... a... BRICK. Seems like they expected me to. But that's the only reason why anyone else had the need to know my details.

Commercial Truck Drivers (Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea) have to be able to prove CPAp Compliance. IE: Number of days and hours used when they have their annual "Department of Transportation" Physical. Drivers have to use their machines and prove compliance as part of the annual physical. No Compliance proof = no renewal of Physical Certificate = No Driving big trucks.
(01-16-2013 05:03 PM)zonk Wrote:  
hello and welcome
it does not affect compliance hours
every time you insert the card into the machine, the machine write all summary data on the card including compliance hours

if detailed data is important to you, make sure to download at least once a week (otherwise data older than 7 days cannot be retrieved)

S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data and 7 days of high resolution data

Thank you. I appreciate the info.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2013 09:35 PM by kevden.)
01-16-2013 09:32 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(01-16-2013 09:32 PM)kevden Wrote:  Commercial Truck Drivers (Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea) have to be able to prove CPAp Compliance.
I don,t drive trucks but the road traffic authority (RTA) send me a form every other year for my doc to sign that I,m compliant with cpap and fit to drive with no restriction otherwise my license will be cancelled

I believe in Ontario Canada, the doctor is required by law to notify the authorities

never mind about the law, if you ever caught yourself nodding off while driving or at traffic lights
do yourself (and others) a favor and run run to the sleep doctor
01-16-2013 10:22 PM
Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

(01-16-2013 10:22 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(01-16-2013 09:32 PM)kevden Wrote:  Commercial Truck Drivers (Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea) have to be able to prove CPAp Compliance.
I don,t drive trucks but the road traffic authority (RTA) send me a form every other year for my doc to sign that I,m compliant with cpap and fit to drive with no restriction otherwise my license will be cancelled

I believe in Ontario Canada, the doctor is required by law to notify the authorities

never mind about the law, if you ever caught yourself nodding off while driving or at traffic lights
do yourself (and others) a favor and run run to the sleep doctor

Ah. Well, I guess that's why I got to be so clueless. I don't have a car. Can't afford it for one thing. So that's why nobody has ever hounded me about it. Then again, traditionally it's been hard to fall asleep in bed never mind while doing something.
01-17-2013 12:23 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
kevden Offline

New Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset

Other Comments:

(01-16-2013 06:22 PM)trish6hundred Wrote:  Hi kevden and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

Thank you for the welcome!!
01-19-2013 08:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself? FormerFed 19 2,426 11-03-2016 03:17 PM
Last Post: PreciousRoy
  No Data on SD Card jamr005 3 231 10-29-2016 08:22 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP] Do sleep MD's use memory card data? beet 15 747 09-23-2016 07:25 PM
Last Post: richb
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,373 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  SD Card Data Question icyura10 4 463 08-15-2016 01:04 PM
Last Post: icyura10
  General questions on SD card data KSMatthew 12 992 07-05-2016 01:32 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  I forgot to re install data card in APAP rozenbob 3 570 05-29-2016 11:59 PM