Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SD Card Data
Question 
SD Card Data
I have just downloaded the ResScan software to my desktop computer. Can anyone tell me, when I download all the data from the SD Card to the ResScan software, is that data then removed from the SD Card or is it left intact on the card?

The reason I ask is that I have to email my SD Card Data to a Diagnostics company every 3 months for CPAP Compliance reasons. I`m a truck driver and have to be in compliance with DOT regulations.

I don`t want to download the data from the card if it is not then available for my 3 monthly Compliance report when I email the files.

I hope this makes some kind of sense. Thanks Kevden.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card Data
(01-16-2013, 04:36 PM)kevden Wrote: I have just downloaded the ResScan software to my desktop computer. Can anyone tell me, when I download all the data from the SD Card to the ResScan software, is that data then removed from the SD Card or is it left intact on the card?

The reason I ask is that I have to email my SD Card Data to a Diagnostics company every 3 months for CPAP Compliance reasons. I`m a truck driver and have to be in compliance with DOT regulations.

I don`t want to download the data from the card if it is not then available for my 3 monthly Compliance report when I email the files.

I hope this makes some kind of sense. Thanks Kevden.

The information should still be on the card. But you can back up the whole thing to a subdirectory on your hard drive for safe keeping. Just to be sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 04:36 PM)kevden Wrote: I have just downloaded the ResScan software to my desktop computer. Can anyone tell me, when I download all the data from the SD Card to the ResScan software, is that data then removed from the SD Card or is it left intact on the card?
hello and welcome
it does not affect compliance hours
every time you insert the card into the machine, the machine write all summary data on the card including compliance hours

if detailed data is important to you, make sure to download at least once a week (otherwise data older than 7 days cannot be retrieved)

S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data and 7 days of high resolution data

Post Reply Post Reply
Data will stay on card, if you want to be absolutely sure of this you can lock the SD card before putting it in your computer SD slot or external SD drive. There should be a little sliding lock tab on the side of the SD card (something similar to what was on 3.5" floppy discs). This will keep your computer from being able to write anything to the card (or remove anything from it). You'll have to unlock it again when you put it back in your PAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kevden and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 04:36 PM)kevden Wrote: The reason I ask is that I have to email my SD Card Data to a Diagnostics company every 3 months for CPAP Compliance reasons. I`m a truck driver and have to be in compliance with DOT regulations.

Just puzzled. What does that have to do with anything?
I say that realizing I don't have to reveal my stats to anyone if I so choose, but I'm doing it in hopes to kick butt hard enough so that people will realize that I'm not interested in settling for a... a... BRICK. Seems like they expected me to. But that's the only reason why anyone else had the need to know my details.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 07:48 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(01-16-2013, 04:36 PM)kevden Wrote: The reason I ask is that I have to email my SD Card Data to a Diagnostics company every 3 months for CPAP Compliance reasons. I`m a truck driver and have to be in compliance with DOT regulations.

Just puzzled. What does that have to do with anything?
I say that realizing I don't have to reveal my stats to anyone if I so choose, but I'm doing it in hopes to kick butt hard enough so that people will realize that I'm not interested in settling for a... a... BRICK. Seems like they expected me to. But that's the only reason why anyone else had the need to know my details.

Commercial Truck Drivers (Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea) have to be able to prove CPAp Compliance. IE: Number of days and hours used when they have their annual "Department of Transportation" Physical. Drivers have to use their machines and prove compliance as part of the annual physical. No Compliance proof = no renewal of Physical Certificate = No Driving big trucks.
(01-16-2013, 05:03 PM)zonk Wrote:
hello and welcome
it does not affect compliance hours
every time you insert the card into the machine, the machine write all summary data on the card including compliance hours

if detailed data is important to you, make sure to download at least once a week (otherwise data older than 7 days cannot be retrieved)

S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data and 7 days of high resolution data

Thank you. I appreciate the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 09:32 PM)kevden Wrote: Commercial Truck Drivers (Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea) have to be able to prove CPAp Compliance.
I don,t drive trucks but the road traffic authority (RTA) send me a form every other year for my doc to sign that I,m compliant with cpap and fit to drive with no restriction otherwise my license will be cancelled

I believe in Ontario Canada, the doctor is required by law to notify the authorities

never mind about the law, if you ever caught yourself nodding off while driving or at traffic lights
do yourself (and others) a favor and run run to the sleep doctor

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 10:22 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-16-2013, 09:32 PM)kevden Wrote: Commercial Truck Drivers (Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea) have to be able to prove CPAp Compliance.
I don,t drive trucks but the road traffic authority (RTA) send me a form every other year for my doc to sign that I,m compliant with cpap and fit to drive with no restriction otherwise my license will be cancelled

I believe in Ontario Canada, the doctor is required by law to notify the authorities

never mind about the law, if you ever caught yourself nodding off while driving or at traffic lights
do yourself (and others) a favor and run run to the sleep doctor

Ah. Well, I guess that's why I got to be so clueless. I don't have a car. Can't afford it for one thing. So that's why nobody has ever hounded me about it. Then again, traditionally it's been hard to fall asleep in bed never mind while doing something.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 06:22 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi kevden and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

Thank you for the welcome!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 505 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 672 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 727 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 923 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.