Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SD Card Problem
SD Card Problem
I copied all the files on my SD card to a folder on my computer. Then I copied them to a 60X 1GB Lexar card I had lying around so I could take it to my new doctor. She said they were unable to download the data.

Can anyone think of any reason why this wouldn't work correctly?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card Problem
Not sure, but prior to copying the files, did you select "see hidden files" in the View files types menu? (when copying from original card and again when copying to the new card from the hard drive? If not, there could be some hidden files that were not copied over to the SD card.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yup. All hidden files are shown on all my computers.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Could it be she has an old SD card reader that can't detect a newer/faster SD card maybe? I dunno, just throwin' stuff out there... Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
My understanding is that their cards have a proprietary format on their cards. I believe you need to do more than copy the files, you need to correctly format the card. That is what I was told, whether true or not I do not know for certain.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2014, 07:23 PM)Galactus Wrote: My understanding is that their cards have a proprietary format on their cards. I believe you need to do more than copy the files, you need to correctly format the card. That is what I was told, whether true or not I do not know for certain.

Yeah, that makes sense. Sleepster, you could just put the new card in the machine and it will format it for you, then put it into your PC's card reader and copy the files onto it maybe?
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I am not that familiar with all the machine names, but I think you have a phillips resperonics unit, if that is correct there is a thread here on board for the software, and in the utilities menu there is an "initialize media" option, and that will likely do what you need to do. Hope that helps!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
or you can email a report to your new doc. that is what I do so I don't have to make a trip or mail my card in. I have a great RT that lets me do that. It works for all involved. just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
I installed the latest version of EncoreBasic on my Win7 laptop and used it to successfully download the data from this SD card. When I tried to initialize the card it said it was already initialized.

I'm stumped!

The next time I go to that doctor I'll bring the original SD card. The only reason I brought the copy is because I was afraid they'd want to hold on to it.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure, but aren't SD cards formatted using FAT32? Or maybe it's some sort of proprietary version of FAT32? If so, maybe you could do a full re-formatting of the card in your computer using NTFS, then stick it back into the CPAP machine.... whereupon the machine won't be able to read the NTFS formatting, and it will give you the option to re-format it in whatever file system it wants, along with any proprietary do-jiggers it likes.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,326 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,463 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 549 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 390 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.