Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SD Card Problem
RE: SD Card Problem
Both the original card and the duplicate card have FAT32 file systems.

Both cards are read by EncoreBasic on my computers.

I'm starting to think it was simple operator error at the doc's office.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME told me that I had to mail in the card. I said it's 2014, you people don't believe in email? I was told they were unable to just use the files. I said I'll copy the card and send you a copy. I was told they were unable to read a copied card. I raised my eyebrow because as a hardware and computer person this makes no sense to me. However, what you are describing is what she said, so maybe she was right, I honestly can not say. I can say that supposedly inserting a card in the unit triggers the unit to write the data to the card, so it should stand to reason that if you pull your card and insert a new one it would do whatever magic it needed to do and write the data making a copy of the card. That is all I can think of, and I can only tell you what I was told.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard similar things from a DME, too. I was able to email him my data, but he said it was quite a challenge for him to be able to read it.

Perhaps the card reader they are using is proprietary and will accept only the original card. It could have something to do with the fact that they are able to alter machine settings like the pressure by writing data to the card. Plus there's a compliance issue so maybe it's an attempt to hinder cheating.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2014, 11:26 PM)Galactus Wrote: My DME told me that I had to mail in the card. I said it's 2014, you people don't believe in email? I was told they were unable to just use the files. I said I'll copy the card and send you a copy. I was told they were unable to read a copied card. I raised my eyebrow because as a hardware and computer person this makes no sense to me. However, what you are describing is what she said, so maybe she was right, I honestly can not say. I can say that supposedly inserting a card in the unit triggers the unit to write the data to the card, so it should stand to reason that if you pull your card and insert a new one it would do whatever magic it needed to do and write the data making a copy of the card. That is all I can think of, and I can only tell you what I was told.

It is 2014 and my RT lets me email him the reports so neither of us have to make a long drive and he gets what he needs (he only needed it for the first 30 days and the doc wanted to see it). If there are issues that concern me, I email him a report. It works
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 11:13 AM)Sleepster Wrote: I have heard similar things from a DME, too. I was able to email him my data, but he said it was quite a challenge for him to be able to read it.

Perhaps the card reader they are using is proprietary and will accept only the original card. It could have something to do with the fact that they are able to alter machine settings like the pressure by writing data to the card. Plus there's a compliance issue so maybe it's an attempt to hinder cheating.

It is very possible that is why they do it, and yet they have a wireless modem to hook up so I really don't get it. For me personally it just wasn't worth the time, effort or argument, I just mail the card and they mail it back. Why they want to waste all that money in postage baffles me but such is life.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a wireless modem on my CPAP Auto. The DME (Apria) told me they couldn't retrieve the data. I also had trouble with the modem and told the RT and she said, "Well, it must not be able to find a cell tower". So, I drove 32 miles to take them the card only to get there and find out they got the info they needed and didn't bother to call me and let me know so I wouldn't have to make the trip.

My new DME will not use a wireless modem b/c of security issues. But, as I said, they let me email them the reports and that is all they need to prove compliance and satisfy my sleep doc.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 08:55 PM)me50 Wrote: I had a wireless modem on my CPAP Auto. The DME (Apria) told me they couldn't retrieve the data. I also had trouble with the modem and told the RT and she said, "Well, it must not be able to find a cell tower". So, I drove 32 miles to take them the card only to get there and find out they got the info they needed and didn't bother to call me and let me know so I wouldn't have to make the trip.

My new DME will not use a wireless modem b/c of security issues. But, as I said, they let me email them the reports and that is all they need to prove compliance and satisfy my sleep doc.

So wait a second, are you saying Apria let you email them the data? The reason I ask is because I also use Apria and they said that I can't email the data, and now I am even more irritated. Well I would be if if that's the case.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think he emails the reports, not the data.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
There is ZERO reason that we cannot make a DISK to DISK copy.

Most regular computer users don't know how to do that but it is not hard.

A faithful copy pretty much has to work. There is nothing special except the data on the card.

(Tonight I am fighting with a couple of 32GB SDCards that I bought for my HD camera -- both work fine in my computer but neither will work in the camera -- had another small 2GB card that worked in the camera so went to Wal-Mart and grabbed a new 32 GB card that works just fine. Don't know what is wrong with those other two cards -- I would call them junk except they work in the computer.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Those cards may be formatted NTFS instead of FAT32. That would be read by the computer but not by a camera, etc..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,465 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.