Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SD Card Removal [from Cpap]
RE: SD Card Removal [from Cpap]
(05-17-2019, 01:34 PM)theoak Wrote: I have been unplugging my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet every time I remove the SD Card for OSCAR to do its thing.

Okay, call me lazy/old, but it is a bit of pain to get to the wall outlet. oldman

Is there anything taboo with removing the SD card while the unit is plugged in but not in use?

This is a bit off topic, but still related to the use of SD cards.  A while back I started using a Toshiba wifi card which makes it unnecessary to remove your SD card.   I resorted to this not because I'm lazy (although at times I am), but because a couple of times I forgot to put my SD card back into my Resmed.  Not good!!! - - Once you start using a wifi card, there's no need to physically remove the sd card since the data is transferred remotely.

It wasn't the easiest thing to get set-up to work, but once working, it's pretty convenient.  I'd only recommend trying to use the wifi SD card if you're somewhat tech savvy or know someone who is.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as it’s two minutes after stopping therapy you can remove the SD card without turning of the machine, if using an S9 on a modern operating system lock the SD card before inserting in the PC, for the Autoset 10 no need to bother locking the card, as others have said a Toshiba Flashair SD Card can be used but it is not the most simple to setup
Post Reply Post Reply
jaswilliams, in 2.5 years I've never done anything before removing the card; seems like at least once I might have done it within 2 minutes of stopping but not turning off the machine. is the 2 minutes to ensure the card is no longer being written to and therefore watching to make sure the sd slot lights are not flashing (which I usually do) accomplishes the same thing?
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to this cable to help my WiFi pick up the Toshiba wifi card . Kind of worked but not reliable WiFi. Still makes it easier to remove the card. You just have to remember to power the machine off and on when you replace the card.  

[Image: 8dwIA6Um.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
2 minutes is to ensure all sessions written to the card
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought so. thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,138 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Exclaimation Wisdom tooth removal causes sleep apnea? esaulcatnas 0 337 12-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Cushion removal from the Mask giannie 7 4,097 10-05-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Simpsonn
  ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal farnsy 18 12,675 08-13-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: damplc
Question [Equipment] Is it legal for DME providers to decline a CPAP device without Credit Card info? ngxt25 10 1,790 08-12-2022, 06:17 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.