Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SD Card and Sleepyhead
SD Card and Sleepyhead
Hi friends,

I've been using my machine for over a year now. My condition has improved and my AHI is usually below 5. I feel better and am happy.

But I've never been able to get my SD Card to work. When I push it into its slot I get the following message.

SD Card error - remove and reinsert.

But doing so doesn't help.

Should I solve the SD Card problem and get Sleepyhead to more closely monitor my apnea? Are there major benefits in doing so? Currently I note AHI and Large Leaks in my sleep log.

My computer is a Chromebook. I'm not sure it can support Sleepyhead. And I don't have DME support for assistance.

Thanks for any and all help.

Jack
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card and Sleepyhead
Hi, Jack,

Welcome to Apnea Board and congratulations on feeling better and taking "charge" of your sleep apnea!!

I'm not familiar with your machine, but I know when I don't "write protect" my SD card by "locking" the SD card when I put it into my computer, I get a similar message on my PAP machine. My PAP machine gives me an option to "re-write" the information on my SD card. If I do that, then my card is OK. I'm sure someone who is familiar with your machine will respond to your question, so hang in there for that person to come along!

Good luck with your PAP therapy and I hope someone can tell you if SleepyHead will work with your computer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Jack. As you suspect, there is no compelling reason for you to use the SDCard. Since you do not report to any DME, and the software will not run on a Chromebook, there's really not much a SDCard can do for you.

You could purchase a new SDCard --- same type and capacity as the one you have, and see if it works.

Also, you could purchase a nifty new Windows laptop or notebook computer and install Sleepyhead. Then with a working card you might learn something.

But, it sounds like you're doing fine. Good job!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jack,
It's great to hear that your condition has improved and that you are feeling better, good job taking charge of your therapy, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2014, 12:02 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Hi Jack. As you suspect, there is no compelling reason for you to use the SDCard. Since you do not report to any DME, and the software will not run on a Chromebook, there's really not much a SDCard can do for you.

You could purchase a new SDCard --- same type and capacity as the one you have, and see if it works.

Also, you could purchase a nifty new Windows laptop or notebook computer and install Sleepyhead. Then with a working card you might learn something.

But, it sounds like you're doing fine. Good job!

As one of the MAC hose heads says - you can also get a MAC and run Sleepyhead for Mac. Works like a champ. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty much any SD card that has 1 GB or more will work fine.

Go ahead and get a new SD card and try it. They're pretty cheap these days. It will record info every night and keep it for a long time. If you have problems in the future, it could come in handy.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jack!
Tiger has one for $4.97 after rebate if that helps.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2014, 07:10 AM)jackwhittemore Wrote: Hi friends,

My computer is a Chromebook. I'm not sure it can support Sleepyhead.
Thanks for any and all help.

Jack

I suspect that Chromebook is the problem - It is not a real PC and is designed to use Chrome browser and apps that run in a browser environment and not the usual applications of a normal PC (or apple/Mac, cough splutter). So it will not run Sleepyhead nor ResScan.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jack, Welcome!
If you want and need to solve your SD card problem I hope you do so.

I just want to say I loved your words of describing how you felt after a year of using, saying you 'feel better and you are happy'.
I would love to be able to say those words about my treatment.
Well done and I wish you continued success.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 923 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,886 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  dreamstation go sd card with sleepyhead odoyle 8 3,231 04-26-2018, 08:28 AM
Last Post: odoyle
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,073 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,328 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,251 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Trouble with SD card and SleepyHead Gabby 16 5,389 03-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.