Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SD Card issue
SD Card issue
Hey all,

Having an issue with the SD card from my S9 Autoset. Popped it out this morning to see how the Simplus has done the last couple nights, grabbed the data just fine to SleepyHead and then tried to put it back in the machine...

I didn't get the "this card is locked..." message, but rather an "incompatable card" message with an offer to format it. I tried popping it in and out a few times...no luck. Tried cycling the lock on the card a bunch of times (though I hadn't touched the lock and always try to put the card in straight).

Tried the computer again and all the data is there (I backed everything on the card up onto my computer....just in case)...the S9 just doesn't like it now for some reason.

Anyone tried letting their S9 wipe the card and then transferring the data back? I am tempted to try this so I can compare between the "new" data on the card and the old to see if it is a computer artifact left on the SD card that is causing the issue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Card issue
Hi PsychoMike
Wile back used to have the same problem, I,m not too technical, just let the S9 do what suppose to do otherwise it,ll refuse to start with the message on the screen (if you cannot beat them ... join them) - since started locking the card prior put into card reader, problem ceased

By doing that, the S9 wipe the card and write new set of therapy and compliance data on the card (up to a year). To avoid loosing any detailed data, download first or do a backup (detailed data written directly on the card and not stored by the S9)

Post Reply Post Reply
Read somewhere that the S9 will have problems with a SDHC card, is yours a high capacity by chance?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2013, 03:13 PM)Bobshouse Wrote: Read somewhere that the S9 will have problems with a SDHC card, is yours a high capacity by chance?

Nope...stock ResMed card that came with the machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2013, 02:58 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi PsychoMike
Wile back used to have the same problem, I,m not too technical, just let the S9 do what suppose to do otherwise it,ll refuse to start with the message on the screen (if you cannot beat them ... join them) - since started locking the card prior put into card reader, problem ceased

By doing that, the S9 wipe the card and write new set of therapy and compliance data on the card (up to a year). To avoid loosing any detailed data, download first or do a backup (detailed data written directly on the card and not stored by the S9)

Sounds pretty much like what I am looking at doing...I have previously downloaded the data to SleepyHead and I also have backed up the data from the card to a file on my desktop.

I guess I'll let the S9 wipe it, write what it will and then lock it before I look at what might be changed on the card by Windows (compare the previous card back-up to what the S9 writes on it with the wipe). If I can figure out where the hiccup is coming from (likely Windows sneaking something on there), I'll post it here to help others. If I can figure out how to re-import the past data onto the card, that might be even better Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I just had the same problem. I backed it up on the laptop and let the Autoset do what it wanted to do. The next day's data was on the card so I guess all is well.

Aliens. I swear it is aliens.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, no joy here in psycholand. Looks like there are about 6 or 7 files it changes each time you turn it on.

Oh well, at least it looks like it is back on track now. I think Zonk has the best idea to safeguard your data when you download it: lock the card to read only before you stick it in the card reader and unlock it again before putting it back in your S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, it's a long shot. But I'll add my two cents.

Once a long, long time ago when I was a newbie and still using an S9 AutoSet and downloading data into ResScan, the computer that ResScan was installed on picked up some virus or other through the internet. The computer was mainly used for downloading my data into ResScan. And the only symptom was that every time I stuck the card back into my S9, the S9 choked on it and complained about an "incompatible card" or some such thing and the S9 would ask if I wanted to erase the card and re-format it. And (because I'd backed the data up to the computer) every day I let the S9 re-format the card. And the next morning the cycle would start all over again. The data would download to ResScan with no problem, but the S9 would squawk when I put the card back into it. This went on for several weeks as I recall.

At some point I did something else on this computer and go some kind of a message that indicated there might be a virus infection. And when I ran the scan, the anti-virus software did discover at least one (maybe more) virus on the machine. After disinfecting the machine, I never had the problem recur.

So---if it's been a while since you've done a full scan of your computer, it may be worth checking the computer out for any viruses, worms, or trojan horses. If you find any kind of infection, that may be the source of the problem. And once you take the time to properly eliminate anything that's found on your computer, the problem with the S9 not recognizing the SD card after it's been in the computer should go away.
Post Reply Post Reply
Robysue,

Thanks for the suggestion...I'm running all the latest versions of my antivirus, anti-malware and firewall software and the scans are showing nothing of concern other than Flash and Silverlight (which seem to always be flagged with how tight my settings are just because of the coding they use). I'll try another sweep, but I think having the cards to read only will help with the potential for there being plug-and-play artifacts left on the card (which could be a source of the hiccup folks have from time to time).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 26 2 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,374 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 103 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 663 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.