Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SD card question? unlock or not
RE: SD card question? unlock or not
Sure! NOW you tell me Oh-jeez

After I went and did it the hard way Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, there's no need to lock the card for Respironics CPAP machines anyway. Only ResMed machines have the design flaw that makes them reject the card if Windows 8.1 puts junk on the SD card. Respironics machines will work just fine with extra files on the SD card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doing it manually will make you stronger. Okay

I would have been here sooner but I had trouble getting my cane started. oldman

Sleep-well

Best regards, Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
The Remstar 550p or 560 actually none of the Respironics machines i know of need you to lock and unlock the card. Thats a Resmed thing.

Just unlock the card and leave it unlocked. The PR machines do not care if Winders lol writes a file to it. I never lock the card on wifes or my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks To All of You!!!!

It worked, and my data is now up to date!!!!

Sincerely,
ranger100
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the update ranger100, it's good to hear that you managed to get it sorted out and back on track.

I will add a final note for all who are running Windows 8.1 systems and are apparently not affected by this little Windows 8.1 quirk right now but may be later.

This offending folder is named System Volume Information and can swell to a huge size (>10 gigs), depending on how you have configured your system. It can actually be responsible for you getting an error message someday stating that your SD card is full and make further use impossible. Since it's a hidden folder, it may baffle many users as to how the card could be full when the visible files on it aren't very big. That could cause some casual users to buy a new SD card when the old one is perfectly good.

Performing the registry fix will prevent that from happening and running the associated tool to remove the SVI folder and all files & sub-folders will restore the SD card to usable status

Best regards, Dude
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 275 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 441 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 743 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 946 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  SD card question Winterfrost 9 946 09-10-2021, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Winterfrost
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 51,012 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  SD Card Question TommyG 5 869 02-09-2021, 01:08 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.