Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SD card won't mount in PRS1
RE: SD card won't mount in PRS1
(12-17-2012, 09:13 PM)JJJ Wrote: Yep. No matter what I try, if the card is in the machine it beeps, the light flashes continuously, and the display says to remove and reinsert the card.

Once my S9 Autoset gets here so I can destroy the PRS1, if necessary, I will take it apart to see if I can replace the card reader. While I'm in there I'll see if I can figure out other things that I am curious about, e.g., what operating system it is running (I'll bet it is an embedded Linux like Raspberry Pi or something). I'm already planning my attack to see if I can cobble together a connection to a keyboard so I can hack it more thoroughly. Too-funny

JJJ,

There's a good possibility that 1 of the 9 contacts isn't being made between the card slot and the card contacts. When you do open 'er up, the SD card slot is pretty simple, the biggest problem is trying to actually do anything with it besides just replace it, I've seen a couple of different styles and they're pretty compact and usually mounted on the edge of a PC board.

On the OS, it's probably flashed onto an EPROM, you'll need an EPROM reader if there's not a diagnostics connector inside the machine, or you might have to un-solder it from the board to be able to put it into a reader, good luck on the pin-out's.

Let us know, I'm curious too! Thinking-about

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
My S9 Autoset from Supplier #2 is supposed to be here any minute. UPS says "out for delivery" which, for residential addresses is up to 7 pm. It's 3:45 pm. Hurry UPS truck, before I wet my pants!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2012, 06:40 PM)JJJ Wrote: Hurry UPS truck, before I wet my pants!

Too-funnyLaugh-a-lot

After it arrives you'll be so excited you won't be able SLEEP! Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
5:15 pm. It finally arrove. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps the trouble is in the interdimensional stabilizer....
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2012, 08:32 PM)JJJ Wrote: 5:15 pm. It finally arrove. Wink

PERFUME!!!!

Gawd, we need to amend the Indoor Clean Air Act. "No perfume within 20 feet of building entrances." Or just straight ban the <expletive deleted> stuff.

OK, it's not as bad as the PRS1 that I bought eight months ago on Craigslist. And I finally cleared that one of the pestilence by running it continuously for several days, coupled with bathing in vinegar. Hopefully by bedtime I will have my new S9 Autoset usable.

It did not come with an SD card, so I stuck one of the cards that I used with my PRS1 into it. "Autoset not happy." I finally figured out how to get it to format the SD card to its liking. Hopefully in the morning I will have data for SleepyHead.

Question: I was using my PRS1 at a humidifier setting of 2. I set the new Autoset to the same number. Is that the equivalent setting?

Another question: I told the dude at SecondWind to set it at 10-14 Auto mode, but it did not occur to me to tell him to do anything to the EPR setting. I don't think my PRS1 had such a setting. What should it be for the Autoset?

I did all of the above just poking at the display, although I downloaded the manuals from here. What? I was supposed to read the manuals?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2012, 10:15 PM)JJJ Wrote: PERFUME!!!!

Gawd, we need to amend the Indoor Clean Air Act. "No perfume within 20 feet of building entrances." Or just straight ban the <expletive deleted> stuff.

I vote for a worldwide, better yet - GALAXYWIDE BAN on ALL perfume ANYWHERE or within a million miles of Earth! Grin

(12-27-2012, 10:15 PM)JJJ Wrote: Question: I was using my PRS1 at a humidifier setting of 2. I set the new Autoset to the same number. Is that the equivalent setting?

Probably not. I like 5.5 but you could start at 3 and see what you think after tonight.

(12-27-2012, 10:15 PM)JJJ Wrote: Another question: I told the dude at SecondWind to set it at 10-14 Auto mode, but it did not occur to me to tell him to do anything to the EPR setting.

You shouldn't need it, especially if you've never had it before. It reduces the pressure by 1, 2 or 3 cm for exhale, mostly for helping new users to get accustomed to breathing with CPAP, from what I've read, it looks like most people don't use it either.

Now, memorize all the manuals and get to sleep! Too-funny

Enjoy your new toy!

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2012, 10:15 PM)JJJ Wrote: It did not come with an SD card, so I stuck one of the cards that I used with my PRS1 into it. "Autoset not happy." I finally figured out how to get it to format the SD card to its liking.

Hi JJJ,

You might mention the missing SD card to Secondwind to see if that was an oversight.

JJJ Wrote:Another question: I told the dude at SecondWind to set it at 10-14 Auto mode, but it did not occur to me to tell him to do anything to the EPR setting. I don't think my PRS1 had such a setting. What should it be for the Autoset?

If you are accustomed to a straight CPAP (no C-Flex, or whatever it is PR calls its version of Exhalation Pressure Relief) then I'd suggest it might be good to start with EPR=1 and increase the setting by one each night. Kinda eases you into it. However, I know one person who simply set EPR to 3 right off the bat, because that is where he liked it best.

Do keep an eye on the data for Clear Airway events, since EPR has been known to increase the number of CAs with some patients. For me, I have slightly higher CAI (monthly average worse by 0.2) but lower overall AHI (monthly average better by 0.9) when I use EPR. So, for me, EPR lowers my obstructive events more than it raises my central events, and makes use of the machine more comfortable.

It is really great that you have invested in a fully data-capable machine.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2012, 10:15 PM)JJJ Wrote: I did all of the above just poking at the display, although I downloaded the manuals from here. What? I was supposed to read the manuals?
start here videos setup with the S9 next to you so you can play with the controls
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

H5i humidifier guide
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ac_eng.pdf

climate line user instructions
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

see post #1 for ResScan download link and ResScan Report Interpretation Guide
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-4-1

Resscan tutorial video
http://www.apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

Post Reply Post Reply
The machines from SecondWind do not come with a card. Or at least mine did not either.

JJJ, I did not have any data for the first night. Not sure if I did something wrong or what.

As tough as they are on "no cigarette smoke" on the machines, you'd think they'd do the same for perfumes. Luckily, mine didn't have that stink.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  PRS1 Auto BIPAP, Starting Prisma ST machine ArnieSwas 32 4,501 12-27-2022, 11:33 AM
Last Post: ArnieSwas
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  [Equipment] Ceiling mount hose hanger support? aolamid 11 1,360 06-08-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  PRS1 Modem Quit Sending Daily Data to Dream Mapper Bubster 2 744 01-13-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  PRS1 760 Auto BiPAP Humidifier holden4th 3 1,283 03-14-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.