Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] SLEEP APNEA SUPPLIERS
SLEEP APNEA SUPPLIERS
[/b]Hi... I am on Medicare and I am looking for a new company to get my BiPAP supplies from. I am presently using and Apria Healthcare for the last 14 years and their customer service has sunken to an all-time low. In my opinion they are pathetic and do not care about their customers. You can never reach your branch office. I have called the CEO's office and corporate complaints office to register a complaint, and was given a commitment from them to get back to me within 72 hours and never received a call back. I could use your help in finding a new supplier. Thank you, GregSad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SLEEP APNEA SUPPLIERS
(02-11-2015, 06:02 PM)goofa Wrote: [/b]Hi... I am on Medicare and I am looking for a new company to get my BiPAP supplies from. I am presently using and Apria Healthcare for the last 14 years and their customer service has sunken to an all-time low. In my opinion they are pathetic and do not care about their customers. You can never reach your branch office. I have called the CEO's office and corporate complaints office to register a complaint, and was given a commitment from them to get back to me within 72 hours and never received a call back. I could use your help in finding a new supplier. Thank you, GregSad

goofa,
Yes, Apria has a bad reputation.
Being that you are on Medicare, call your insurance company and ask for a list of DME's in your area. They should be able to give you some options.
Good luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi goofa,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and in finding a different DME.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no perfect answer. Many online providers can supply equipment at a better price, but may be out of network for your insurance. The best bet is get a complete list of the DME suppliers in your area and get to know the reimbursement policy for out of network sellers. This is all about insurance making the acquisition of your equipment so expensive and difficult that you will go elsewhere and leave them alone.

It worked on me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to pay out of pocket, there's a plethora of online suppliers. We have a list of some of them here on the forum. Link to the Suppliers List is at the top of every page.

If you want insurance to pay, especially the Medicare, you will want to stick with local. Online suppliers do not accept insurance. As the others have said, you'll need to contact your insurance company to see who they accept.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
go to this web page medicare.gov follow the instructions here is the link
http://www.medicare.gov/supplierdirectory/search.html
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Goofa,
I haven't had to deal with medicare for c-pap so no help there I'm afraid. Good advise above.

This will only apply if you live in the states, What I found when I recently looked at the list my insurance covered, which was about 4 suppliers locally one of which is the one you have had and found wanting, I used that list and went to The Better Business Bureau (BBB) to double check if any had extra bad or good ratings.
I also cross referenced by checking on Yelp (only helpful if you live in a decent sized city/metro area) to see if there were ratings there for the said companies. It might also help to see if you have a local A.W.A.K.E chapter and the folk there might know more of your area experience. The company I went with, was the "least" of the mediocre. DME's (Durible Medical Equipment) folks aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, and are famous for not really caring much once they have been paid. The one I chose, lead the pack because they at least had a membership with the BBB which makes it a bit more leverage in reporting bad practices etc. They had a 2.5 out of 5.0 on yelp, and that was the BEST of the DME's reviewed there.

May the Force, Be with you!
The Manse Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure if this applies nationwide. US Medicare went to a list of competitive bid winners (at least in metro areas.)
You must make sure you use a competitive bid winner if you wish to have medicare pay for it.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 359 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 619 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 296 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 134 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 584 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.