Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Sandman Duo Malfunction
Sandman Duo Malfunction
I used the Puritan Sandman Duo 10 years ago for a short period of time.  I lost 100 pounds and no longer needed it so I put it away.  Now I've gain 25 pounds back and got out my machine and when I plugged it in it did not come on.  I hate to get a new machine when this one was used only 6 months.  Is this a common problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sandman Duo Malfunction
Hi kjheber!  -  Welcome
The last date of production I could find on your unit was dated 2008.  Since it has been sitting unused, it might be the power supply or it may rely on an internal battery.  If it's an internal battery, it is a safe bet that, given the length of time, it is dead.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  jagged inhale--machine malfunction? mayalass 7 504 10-13-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Air Sense humidifier heater malfunction johanlon 26 13,591 04-28-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: 17WRX
  [Pressure] Increase air pressure Sandman Auto HC (How to...) Davidme 4 1,021 12-29-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Davidme
  Did my machine malfunction? Grandpapa-G 28 2,966 06-13-2020, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  SD card malfunction with ResMed S9 ranjean 7 3,679 06-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Machine malfunction jggdesigner 7 1,568 04-03-2019, 02:08 PM
Last Post: dmeRT
  Resmed malfunction Visitor 10 2,422 09-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Last Post: CB91710

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.