Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Possible treatment for central sleep apnea
RE: Possible treatment for central sleep apnea
good question jgjones,
I ran the Zeo at the same time but didn't see any events that corellated with sleep/wake/REM cycles.
Last night was awesome, I slept the whole way through except wake event where I rolled over to my other side.
AHI = 1.08!
OA = 1
CA = 0
unknowns = 0
hypopneas = 6

If I see any patterns develop I'll be sure to squawk about it!

Smile
Cheers!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Possible treatment for central sleep apnea
Great thread......... yes, so many vasriables.

I will add a few;

I wonder how much psychological, and enviromental factors play into SA?

1. A month ago I had an AHI night of 30% of what I usually have; It was the night before a trip out of the country.

2. A traveling compainon also with SA and using a similar CPAP in a seperate dwelling 70 miles distant also had a AHI of close to 35% of his normal ( 4 times my average) on the same exact night before his travel......

If my classes in stastics and probability from years ago serve me right, the likely hood of this being a coincidence is extreemly low.Thinking-about

Perhaps anticipation of a flight/ travel to a different country was a mitigating factor? Did the "stress" of anticipation about this trip affect our respective AHI values........... in a good way?

I wonder if anyone has entered into a computer many of the hundreds of factors that affect SA as noted , also enter in many of the actual outcomes we, (as human guinea pigs) find, and then give stastical data which might give us better direction for the various treatments we receive...........

Insurance companies and most high tech engineering companies do this kind of analysis all the time to make better products and make money.............. We might benifit from similar analysis Cool

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 587 59 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 238 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,519 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 352 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.