Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] "Service Required" PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto
Question 
"Service Required" PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto
Hello, everyone.
I just bought the new PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto with Heated Humidifier DS560HS, and on the first morning it gave the message "Service Required". Turned the power off and at night, after powering it back on, it worked.
So, now, 7 nights of use and every morning is the same message "Service required", the beeping and 2 repeated blinks, and after powering it off for 1 hour or so, it comes back to life.
Did someone had this problem? I can't take it back as I am not from USA and I am going back to Brazil next tuesday...

Thanks for the attention!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Service Required" PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto
Hi fkimura and welcome to the board
PRS1 user manual give this instruction for 'Service Required'

Press either the wheel or ramp button to silence the alert.
Remove the power supply cord from the device to remove power.
Plug the cord back into the device’s power inlet to restore power.
If the alert continues to occur, contact your home care provider.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi fkimura,

WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Zonk, thank you for the reply.

I did remove the power supply cord for 7 days now... And it still works at night and beeps in the morning.
Out of sheer desperate, I bought another PR C-Flex+ and it showed the same message in the morning!!! I don't know what I am doing wrong... And now I ended up with 2 PR System One showing the "Service required" in the morning...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2013, 09:03 PM)fkimura Wrote: Hi, Zonk, thank you for the reply.
I did remove the power supply cord for 7 days now... And it still works at night and beeps in the morning.
Out of sheer desperate, I bought another PR C-Flex+ and it showed the same message in the morning!!! I don't know what I am doing wrong... And now I ended up with 2 PR System One showing the "Service required" in the morning.

if you've got two machines giving the same error message it sounds as though the problem is in something other than the machines. I wonder if there is something wrong with the power source. Maybe the voltage is too low. Lots of houses have wiring that is not really adequate, especially older houses. Try making sure nothing else is connected to the same circuit, or try outlets in different parts of the building.
Post Reply Post Reply
fkimura, are you by any chance using the same power cord for both machines?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2013, 09:32 PM)Sleepster Wrote: fkimura, are you by any chance using the same power cord for both machines?

No, I used one at a time, with the same power brick.
Considering I am at a hotel, may be the power is insufficient, but I ask, why does it work all night with no problem, just in the morning, when I turn the machine off the message appears?

I think I forgot to tell that the machine works fine during the night, it's only in the morning when I press the button to turn off the therapy, the message and beeps appear.
(03-14-2013, 09:37 PM)fkimura Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 09:32 PM)Sleepster Wrote: fkimura, are you by any chance using the same power cord for both machines?

No, I used one at a time, with the same power brick.
Considering I am at a hotel, may be the power is insufficient, but I ask, why does it work all night with no problem, just in the morning, when I turn the machine off the message appears?

I think I forgot to tell that the machine works fine during the night, it's only in the morning when I press the button to turn off the therapy, the message and beeps appear.

Also, I used the same heated tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2013, 09:37 PM)fkimura Wrote: No, I used one at a time, with the same power brick.

Same power brick for both machines? Then it's likely the power brick itself, although it could be that the voltage at your hotel is too low. Maybe you can call the front desk and they can have someone on their maintenance crew check the voltage.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2013, 09:41 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 09:37 PM)fkimura Wrote: No, I used one at a time, with the same power brick.

Same power brick for both machines? Then it's likely the power brick itself, although it could be that the voltage at your hotel is too low. Maybe you can call the front desk and they can have someone on their maintenance crew check the voltage.

I already did that and the maintenance guy told the voltage is OK in my room. I also tried other wall socket, but it had the same effect.
Post Reply Post Reply
Three logical conclusions are likely:

1. The maintenance guy doesn't know how to properly check voltage levels (or he is being untruthful about the hotel voltage)...

or...

2. The power brick is malfunctioning...

or....

3. It's something else causing the problem. Bigwink

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 59 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,616 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,156 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,788 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.