Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Service Required message on 550P
Sad 
Service Required message on 550P

I am new to the board, and I am not sure where to post this question.

I searched for an answer, and there were threads for this error, and how to bypass it, which is what I am trying to do, or find a solution to fix it, but the answers were for a newer model, not the model I have.

The top left of the device has a small screen near the top with the title:

REMstar Auto A-Flex                                                    System One

There is a circle button and a ramp button to the lower right

At the bottom of the top part it says:

PHILIPS
RESPIRONICS

On the bottom of the unit it says:

Repironics Inc.
1001 Murry Ridge Lane
Murrysville, PA 15668 USA

RX Only  12V  5.0 A
IPX1     3194661

Use only with power supply:
REF 1058190

The label at the bottom says:

REMstar Auto
REF  550P

SN P01741877    3193

REV 00                20100728

If anyone knows how to bypass the SERVICE REQUIRED message, or how to repair the unit to clear this error, please post a message for me

I found holding the two buttons down when plugging in, which normally brings up the program menu, makes the unit stop beeping, but the error does not clear off the screen, and the unit will not start, or show any menu.

I am disabled and not able to afford to buy a new machine, but I can solder and read schematics and I know how to work a multimeter, so if there are parts I can test on the board, If there is a service manual, or some list of things to test, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you in advance

Sincerely,

William Simard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Service Required message on 550P
Hi William. Welcome to Apnea Board.

You may be able to find the service manual for your machine on our private members' links page here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Only-FILES
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked on the files and found the repair manual.

It looks like I need a module 1074113 to read the error code out of the machine to know what has gone wrong with it

I looked on-line and the module costs 140.00 plus shipping

I guess I will try going to my local med supply and see if they will read the code for me

It is a long shot, but maybe

I think I am going to need to buy a used machine

They used to be on Ebay, but they don't allow them there any more.

It really took me by surprise that it stopped working

I tested it before I left home and drove 2 hours and when I plugged it in, it gave the error.

It is old. I don't know how many hours are on it.

Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you do need a new machine, have a look at Supplier #2. They have a good reputation for fair pricing on "gently used" machines.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 51 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Advice required regarding data Mjfbeeslaar 4 384 12-28-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 431 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question [Diagnosis] Sleep test Required/Mandatory ??? dalabera 9 762 10-26-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation 2 Message gq1234 3 2,459 09-04-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Can My Luna 3b Be 'Bricked' (deactivated) by Doctor or Service? Frostlight 10 1,228 08-03-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Psychotech

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.