Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Set clock in AirSense 11?
Set clock in AirSense 11?
Importing data into OSCAR from both AirSense 11 via SD and Wellue O2 ring.

The Wellue SpO2 display time is correct. After setting the AirSense to the wrong time zone in order to correct for daylight saving time and importing the data - off by a couple of minutes! Urgh. :-(

Cannot find out for to set / reset the AirSense 11 clock? Any help?

I see there is a clock shift in OSCAR for 'drift' and will use it if necessary, but seems like the stop gap it is.

FYI, I was able to check the times in OSCAR as last night I did a cycle of movement of ring, let the air flow, and repeat with each stage for a count of 10 (~7sec.)  and indeed they indicated well in OSCAR but off from each other a couple minutes. That'll be good enough for a rough setting of clock drift if I need to resort to that, but would much rather having the data correctly time stamped at the source...

I guess I'm assume the ring is correct - display time was, but probably do need to record the actual time of the synchro actions.

Since the ring O2 takes seconds to 'start up' and I'm not exactly sure if/when the AirSense starts recording and perhaps it records in arrears but with the current time so any better higher resolution synchro events would be welcome. Ring records motion, O2, pulse and of those motion is the only one that I can 'change rapidly - so ... On the airsense - lots of metrics, but airflow is easy and can be changed rapidly. The ring seems to average over a few seconds, so not sure how to get say 1 second resolution - but <5 seems pretty easy and I guess that's close enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Set clock in AirSense 11?
No way to set the time on the AS11, it only allows setting the time zone.  

You can sync the Wellue to a specific time source.  It automatically syncs to iOS device when downloading data (not sure about Android).  If downloading to PC, then the sync is a manual step but you can sync time to PC. 

I'm using the Wellue SleepU wrist band.  I used a similar method as you did -- some specific breathing patterns on AS11 and some large movements on the SleepU -- to determine how far apart they were.  In my case, it was 49 seconds.  I then used the "CPAP Clock Drift" setting in OSCAR to align the two.  The movement tracking was the key (does the ring have movement tracking as well?)

I sync the Wellue's time daily to my iPhone, which gets accurate time from its cellular connection.  The two have stayed "in sync" with my 49 second offset, which implies either that (1) The AS11 is also periodically syncing with something, perhaps the Resmed server when uploading data; or (2) The AS11 was factory-set and has a high-resolution clock chip that has very little drift.  My money is on #1, but nobody aside from Resmed knows right now.  Pretty disappointing that Resmed didn't incorporate accurate time sync on the AS11, but it is what it is.

In any case -- I've been using that 49 second offset for months and it still appears to do the job:  The "movement" data from the Wellue is still in sync with the AS11 data when (for example) getting up during the night for a bathroom trip.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I was syncing regularly to ios. Tried the manual and will test tonight.

Yes, the Wellue Ring I have has motion as well as O2 and pulse. So we should find out in the morning. I will also record accurate time of sync actions so if there is disagreement, I’ll know who is doing what. I also have other devices, but without motion so probably cannot sync in such an obvious manner.

I could adjust the computer (or other) time prior to sync, but suspect it’s not the ring that is off and so I’d rather not make to one that’s accurate wrong just to get two to agree. I understand alignment is the only part that is important for OSCAR charting etc. but I’d like to calibrate and so would like the times to agree the NIST as represented by local time.

Anyway, sounds like a plan - when I gotten it working, I’ll report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since the Wellue can report a start time over a minute after the actual start, OSCAR v1.3.1 allows you to modify the Wellue data's filename, so you can match it to a closer sync. Since I start both the CPAP and SleepU at the same time, I change the SleepU's filename to match my reported CPAP start time. This also allows for major time inaccuracies without disturbing synchronization of the two devices.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like it's the AirSense 11 that timestamps late. So, I'll compensate in the OSCAR > preference > CPAP page...
Post Reply Post Reply
Test last night was enlightening:

The Wellue was approximately right on as to clock time. It did however have to issue.
    one was that it didn't seem to start recording for roughly a minute after the display was showing results - so it only captured the last part of my 'sync' movement - but enough
    the view in OSCAR only plots jointed points every four seconds, so it's going to be tricky to get ~ 1 sec. sync. I have *not* yet checked the binary data etc. but...

The AirSense 11 as reported by OSCAR however was off by 2 min 38 sec so a setting in OSCAR > preferences > CPAP > CPAP time offset of 0 -2 -38 seems to align them well.

I may adjust by a second or two if I get better infor from the Wellue, but probably not as I'd really like the data to be clock time aligned and the flow rate indication has really good resolution and the offset adjusts in to the nearest second - which seems pretty good for these purposes.

If I have to 'live with' the 4 sec resolution on the Wellue, than I think a ritual of a 6 sec burst of movement, followed by 5 idle, and then 6 more of movement will give my an 'edge' every second of the 4 second 'cycle' and I should be able to tell approximately where the edge is being recorded. But first a view of the CSV and binary is in order...
Post Reply Post Reply
Wellue samples every second , but only records every 4 seconds. The recorded value could be an average of the last 4 samples. To date, Wellue will not provide an answer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 100 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Syncing Airsense 10 clock IAXEM 0 106 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] AirSense 11 clock sync? rpierce 4 573 08-25-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,624 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,482 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.