Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Set time on my new machine?
RE: Set time on my new machine?
So the important thing to remember is that the data card should be read while you are still in the timezone that created the data. In other words, I should read the data in Japan that was recorded in Japan to preserve the local time at which it occurred. If I read the Japan recorded data back in Atlanta, it will show as midday instead of overnight.

Have I got it right?

Thanks,
Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm blonde. Keep that it mind.

Doesn't the PR machines keep data for a long time? If it keeps the data longer than you will be gone, then wait until you get home to download the data. Download it before you leave. Wouldn't that be the same? The machine has no idea you crossed time zones, only that you used it according to its own clock. SH doesn't know either unless you download the data and it sees the time change on your computer.

If you need to see the data while you are gone, create a new user just for the trip. That way your main user isn't "corrupted". Delete that temp user when you return or leave it for other trips.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is so silly (on the part of respironics) proprietary cable to set the time, but all other clinical settings can be changed through the clinical menu. So silly.

In any event the unit is set at UTC, it will record any data in that time. If you want the data to appear correctly timed in sleepyhead then when you download data outside that time zone you need to tell it the correct time zone so it changes to the correct time, otherwise it will just presume the UTC time is correct.

Not to dismiss anyone's concerns but the reality here is sleep is sleep no matter the time, so whether or not the time is wrong really should pose no significant issues, the numbers and stats don't change, nor does compliance, so really you don't have to go too crazy over this imho. But if you want it to be correct change the time zone in sleepyhead when you download data in a new time one and will indeed compensate.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 7 116 7 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 866 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,292 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 117 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 295 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,950 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.