Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Set time on my new machine?
Set time on my new machine?
On my new System One 960, is there some where to adjust the time, or am I blind? I've looked at all the settings, and the clinician's manual - nada??
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Set time on my new machine?
It requires a proprietary cable and software not available to the general public as far as I know.

Curse you Respironics for doing this.

Plagiarized by me
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK - so it's on "System one time" - whatever that is...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, set sleepyhead for the local time, it will correct the time properly is what I have as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2014, 07:30 PM)Galactus Wrote: Yes, set sleepyhead for the local time, it will correct the time properly is what I have as well.

So what happens when I travel to Japan next month? I can't believe my DS560 will "know" that it has traveled half-way round the world. My MacBook will auto adjust it's own time. Does that mean Sleepyhead will also auto adjust my data?Huhsign

I'd really like to know more about the "proprietary" time set interface. JTAG and similar interfaces do not scare me. I've lived in PLC ladder logic hell. I don't think the PRS1 stuff can be anywhere near as aggravating.

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Brian, by telling Sleepyhead the "local time" sleepyead will indeed adjust to the correct local time no matter where in the world you are as you are telling it where you are. The cable to set the time is a proprietary cable is my understanding.
Post Reply Post Reply
Slight topic change (my thread, so I'm allowed to-hehe)

I just am too dumb or something. SH reports crazy sleeping times, and AHI numbers that should kill me. Instead of the almost 11 hrs that I slept Thurs-to-Fri, SH reported 41 minutes, with some 17,000 OAs...etc

So, I downloaded and installed EncoreBasic, and all looks normal (same SD card too). I'll just use it as it gives me enough data to understand what is happening - but really weird about SH???!!!

And ya, I assume the DME knows how to set the clock, or they set the clock before a unit is sent to a region? But, what if I move? Or travel? Or, if I were to buy one online from a supplier in CA when I live in OH? Just don't get that one at all.

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the Respironics machines are set to UT / GMT at the factory. Members have reported the time drifting over the life of the machine but it can only be changed using a proprietary cable and software. So long as your computer is properly adjusted to local time, Encore will calculate the difference between UT and local.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that's good to know Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it is set to UTC time. See the "External Links" section here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rnal_Links
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,049 6 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 6 83 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 181 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,417 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 122 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 267 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 297 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.