Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Setting humidity with ResMed H5i
Setting humidity with ResMed H5i
I feel really dumb asking this question, but I can't seem to find the answer in the manuals. I'm using the ClimateLine tubing with the S9 Elite / H5i machine.

Question 1 - can I adjust the humidity level separately from temperature, or are they controlled together?

Question 2 - As the weather warms up (it's finally spring here!), is it advisable to increase or decrease the temperature setting?

Thanks in advance!
Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait for the Signs
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting humidity with ResMed H5i
(05-29-2014, 02:23 PM)brianps Wrote: I feel really dumb asking this question, but I can't seem to find the answer in the manuals. I'm using the ClimateLine tubing with the S9 Elite / H5i machine.

Question 1 - can I adjust the humidity level separately from temperature, or are they controlled together?

Question 2 - As the weather warms up (it's finally spring here!), is it advisable to increase or decrease the temperature setting?

Thanks in advance!

The humidity is produced by the tempature. There is a heater plate under the tank that warms it and allows for humidity to catch the air stream. The heated hose helps keep it warm all the way to the mask.

I generally turn mine down during the more humid and warm summer months, but humidity is a very individualistic setting. Just find a spot where it is comfortable and run with it (or is that sleep with it?). No harm in experimenting with different settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Answer: http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

Answer: The proof of the pudding is in the eating Coffee
Everyone is different, you,re not going to know until you have tried and experienced it

Post Reply Post Reply
Depends on how your machine is set up.

If it is set to automatic climate control, you're just setting a number on the "water drop" screen to a value between 1.0 and 6.0 in 0.5 unit steps and the machine adjusts the temperature to what it feels is best.

If your machine is in manual climate control mode, you will have independent control of both the humidity and the temperature.

The clinician's manual (a link on how to get is is near the top of the main forum page) can help you with switching between the modes, if you so desire.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all three of you for replying - very helpful information!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, very helpful. I was actually about to post the same exact set of questions and now I don't
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to be of help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 153 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 156 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,162 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 383 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.