Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Please help with Sleepyhead Stats?
RE: Please help with Sleepyhead Stats?
Don't change anything without knowing why you're making the change....looks great!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2018, 06:29 PM)bonjour Wrote: I'm with Walla Walla here.   Your numbers are excellent, a small issue with a leak that is just over threshold.  Very few of us have a consistent AHI of under 1, yours is 0.26.  Under an AHI of 5 and you are "Officially" treated, but we are not very "official" in stopping there but there is very little left to do.

7-11 cmw EPR2 is your home, where you go back to if a change makes you uncomfortable.  Changes with an AHI of .26 should be small (no more than .4) and for a period of time (Ideally a week), preferably a week to evaluate the impact of the change.

Why to change?  To impact how you feel and your comfort, so How do you feel?

You say you are feeling poorly every morning.  Can you be more specific.

You have a consistent low level of "Flow Limit" thru the night.  It is possible, only possible, that this is causing your poor feeling.

Suggestions:
1: Raise your min by .4 cmw, to 7.4 cmw (a small change) and wee what happens to your charts and flow limits. 
2: Show an expanded view, about 2 minutes worth when something is happening with the Flow Limits.  That will give us a breath by breath view of what is happening.

Fred

Hi Fred,

Sorry for the slow response. I was away for the weekend and have been playing catchup ever since.

I really appreciate your advise. I switched the minimum up to 7.4 and will try that for a few days and post another report. I'm going to try a different size nasal pillow to see if I can get the leaks dealt with. 

How do I show and expanded view of the flow limits? I'm still learning but how would a low flow limit affect how I'm feeling.

In terms of how I feel I would classify it as: poor. Every morning I wake up I feel groggy and I'm constantly foggy headed and feel like I can never have enough sleep. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 6 years ago and at the time of my sleep tests I was apparently having between 80-120 apneas a night. Even though I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 6 years ago I know it's something I've battled since I was in high school.

I'm 39 years old, 6'2 and 195lbs, so not overweight. I'm fairly active and other than sleep apnea I'm in good overall health. I am not on any prescription medication, do not do recreational drugs, and rarely consume alcohol anymore. At most, on average, I would have between 4-6 craft beers a week but I've basically stopped drinking entirely since the New Year in hopes that it would make me feel better. I haven't really noticed a difference unfortunately.  

I've had sports concussion issues in the past (4 in 2 years between the ages of 18-20) that I know effect my life to this day. I've had MRI's and CT scans that have luckily come back negative in the past year for signs of damage etc. 

My sleep schedule could definitely be improved. I tend to go to bed later and sleep later than I probably should. I know I need to be more disciplined around going to bed earlier.

If there is anything around my sleep apnea that can make me feel even slightly better I will do it. We have a 2nd baby on the way and I'm going to need all the energy I can get :Smile

All of your help is really appreciated. This is a fantastic online community and it's nice to know that there is support out there. 

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes it helps to zoom in on an event or respiratory pattern so you can learn more of what is going on, or provide a close-up view for posting on the forum. The easiest way to zoom in on an event is to simply left-click on the event until the desired zoom level is reached. You can then use the left and right cursor to move forward or back in the time-line. You can also select a time period of events or flow-rate by left-clicking on the graph and holding down the mouse button while selecting. Right-clicking can un-zoom. On laptops with a touchpad or touch-screen, you may be able to zoom in and out by "pinching" the zoom in and out as you do with any page zoom.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 420 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 378 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,205 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 443 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,663 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  oscar stats-need help teamarliss 2 410 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: teamarliss
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,577 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.