Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Philips Dreamwear
Humidifier: Resmed HumidAir Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Setting mask type on Resmed Airsense 10
(05-10-2016 07:43 AM)SleepyTimes Wrote:  My question: What difference does the mask setting make (pillows vs nasal) in the setup configuration on a ResMed Airsense 10?

Background:
I am a newbie (less than 30 days) and just switched my mask from the ResMed AirFit P 10 nasal pillow for a Philips Respironics DreamWear nasal mask. I thought that I should make use of the 30 day trial period to see if less pressure on my nostrils would be a benefit. My one night conclusion is that it seems like a good switch for me.

This morning, I noticed in the Sleepy Head "Machine Settings" that my mask was "Pillows". The excellent resource on apneaboard at: Thread-All-you-wanted-to-know-about-the-ResMed-Airsense-10 shows great information on my machine (how to change the settings at resmed-airsense-10-aircurve-10-setup-info).

I made the configuration switch to "nasal" for the DreamWear -- but am wondering what difference it might make? (I'll report back with any results that I'm able to observe tomorrow).

Thanks!

I'm back with night #2 results. I switched the configuration to "nasal" and did not notice a difference. Of course this may be due entirely to my "non-observation"!

Based on comments here Thanks I'll check the difference between the settings tonight for just a few minutes each. Curious to see if I can detect a difference.
05-11-2016 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SleepyTimes Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Philips Dreamwear
Humidifier: Resmed HumidAir Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Setting mask type on Resmed Airsense 10
My 3rd night with a new DreamWear mask. Last night I spent about 10 minutes testing the setting on the AirSense 10 as "nasal" and "pillows". I was a tiny, tiny bit more comfortable with the nasal setting so that is what I used last night. It was very comfortable and I think that it just takes a bit of time to get used to a new mask.

This morning the myAir score would be 100 except for the multiple mask on/off's. The price to pay for testing!

The conclusion on my original question: The mask settings on the AirSense 10 make a difference. Thanks for all of the responses to help me get this far with the question. Thanks
05-12-2016 10:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question ResMed AirSense 10 Badjo17 26 2,421 12-04-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: Arnie51
  ResMed F20 mask jerrydaw 3 198 12-03-2016 10:53 AM
Last Post: jerrydaw
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,238 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Accuracy of Resmed AS10 vs Sleep Study Type IMSleeplessInSeattle 5 432 11-28-2016 12:11 AM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Quit Working SherrieR 4 236 11-26-2016 07:51 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Angry Resmed Airsense/Telstra 2G wireless kerput JamesW 2 204 11-24-2016 11:08 PM
Last Post: JamesW
  ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure Abnormal86 14 532 11-22-2016 11:39 PM
Last Post: sonicboom