Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Should I be concerned about machine falling?
Should I be concerned about machine falling?
I bought a S9 Adapt from a dealer and it was shipped in a small box with no padding. The machine was only in a small Resmed canvas type bag (not the bigger more padded bag that also holds the humidifier). I saw the delivery man stacking boxes on a cart and as he started pushing the cart the smaller boxes fell down to the street. Resmed tells me that they do "drop testing" with their machines but I am concerned that this box could have been thrown about during shipping too. Should I worry?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I be concerned about machine falling?
Was this machine supposed to be new? If so, send it back. Tell them you want a machine in its original box and packing material.

It it was bought used, do you mean the black travel bag? It is well padded.

Otherwise, yes, it should be fine. A simple fall from a cart is survivable. It was turned off, the humidifier was empty.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your time Paula. The humidifier was not included and it was not in the travel bag. Just the "blower" part in a small Resmed canvas bag that is not padded - no other padding in the cardboard box either
Post Reply Post Reply
It should still be fine.

If you bought it used, complain like mad. The S9 Adapt is not a cheap machine! To pack it with no protection is like transporting a Lotus using a U-Haul car dolly. Sure, it gets the job done but it won't be pretty.

If you bought it new. send it back.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paula - like your analogy!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2013, 01:37 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It should still be fine.

If you bought it used, complain like mad. The S9 Adapt is not a cheap machine! To pack it with no protection is like transporting a Lotus using a U-Haul car dolly. Sure, it gets the job done but it won't be pretty.

If you bought it new. send it back.

Paula -- nice metaphor. As a "car guy" I really dig it.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Obviously XPAP' shouldn't be banged around, however I think the relevant question is, Does the machine work OK. If it doesn't, there is a very legitimate complaint, but if it does work OK I wouldn't worry about it. I think if there is damage, it would be quickly apparent.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Duke
Post Reply Post Reply
I would still file a complaint with the company so that it is on record in the event anything happens further down the road.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, you can ask for Clinician Manual for the machine following directions given in the Important Threads section at top of main forum page.

The Clinician Manual will tell you how to check total machine hours, to see how new or used the machine is, so you can see whether it is as it was advertised to be.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 159 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 390 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Should I Be Concerned? breathingeasy 4 362 01-09-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Waking up 15min after falling asleep - new insights McPhearson99 16 1,687 12-16-2023, 10:59 PM
Last Post: McPhearson99
  New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke) breckenk 23 2,220 11-20-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: breckenk
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,147 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.