Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Should I be worried?
Should I be worried?
Just started CPAP therapy on August 10th per DOT physical requirements. I have been using it nightly, however when I got home from work today (6am) and slept till 1pm I noticed that my machine said I only had 0.3 hours used. I have to be at least 4 hours compliant with this so I can receive my DOT card to do my job again, should I be worried that it says I didn't wear it? There's also an SD card inserted in the machine.. I figure all information is saved on that anyways. 

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I be worried?
Hi @Lukja,  That's exactly why I started Cpap therapy back in 2005.  There are are others here with much more knowledge than I, but I am fairly confident that OSCAR can document your actual usage time if you download the program. Screenshots should be plenty for your provider (and your SD card can provide a back up) for them to sign off on any documentation DOT needs for your Green Card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lukja!  -  Welcome
A Resmed day is from noon to noon.  Even thought the calendar date changes at midnight, the Resmed waits for noon.  Because most users go to bed on one calendar date and awake the next date, Resmed determined that this would method will allow all the data for a sleep session to be grouped for the majority of users.    Many shift workers just set their Resmed clock back 12 hours as a workaround.   It's not when you slept, but for how long.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Changing the clock works as long as you are not on a swing shift schedule....

If you look at the Overview page after a week of so, you will see that the hours past noon show up as the beginning of the following day on the hours of use chart.

Because you have an AirSense 11 you will not be able to fiddle the clock setting without losing your accumulated data, so I recommend that you just get used to the split day. Both OSCAR and ResScan with still keep track of all your hous.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,176 Yesterday, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Jorgo
  Is this Cheyne-Stokes? Should I be worried? spaceodyssey 8 648 10-26-2023, 07:46 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Worried about CA events rizzmed 3 675 06-28-2023, 09:16 AM
Last Post: rizzmed
  Worried about RERAs sheldor 7 777 03-08-2023, 03:51 PM
Last Post: sheldor
  Cheyne Stokes scare....should I be worried Snowy2020 3 743 01-09-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Sad Yesterday got CSR (Cheyne Strokes)on my report. Should I be worried? TonytheTiger 2 634 09-09-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Sad Inexperienced and worried about the recall, I could really use some advice nonplayer 2 655 11-08-2021, 01:15 PM
Last Post: SleepyCPAP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.