Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interchangeability of equip and mask cushions?
RE: Interchangeability of equip and mask cushions?
Thank you for the link DeepBreathing.Very helpful as always.

H-barbie:

I already have a used Quattro mask,but the cushion is old and the headgear looks to be be marginal.There are a couple of places to get gear in Manila,but that is quite inconvenient.Buying a wrong mask would be a lot cheaper than a trip to Manila for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check with the online suppliers. Some of them ship internationally. Supplier #2 and I *think* #10 does. Suppliers List link is at the top of every page.

The only reason you would need a full face mask is if you breathe through your mouth at night. And even if you did, you may prefer a nasal mask or pillows over the FFM which tend to leak and be difficult to size. Nasal pillows are cheaper and most come with several sizes in the box. You'd then need a chin strap to keep your trap shut.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I find the sizing templates to be helpful but not entirely accurate for me. When I tried the Simplus mask, I got the sizing template and it indicated that I am right on a medium. After using the mask, I thought that I needed a small. Got the small and I was right for several reasons that I don't think are considered by the templates and are probably beyond the capability of a "simple" template.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate all the input.I figured to get a cushion for the FF mask because I already have the mask.

Paula,you make a valid point about the nasal pillows,but I have another reason for trying one that I had not considered before.I get up in the middle of the night with heartburn.I take an antacid and then go back to bed.That would be tough to do with a FF mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 896 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,484 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  AirFit F30 Cushions websterling 4 591 02-15-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  [Equipment] Safety of memory foam CPAP cushions shutto 0 655 02-05-2023, 12:24 PM
Last Post: shutto
  Cushions on ResMed AirTouch N20 NainJo 2 876 01-28-2023, 11:09 PM
Last Post: NainJo
  Cheapest place to buy mask cushions (in U.S.)? newmar 4 715 12-09-2022, 08:52 PM
Last Post: newmar
  AirFit F20 Cushions Sleepless in Dewberry 5 660 12-09-2022, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.