Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Should I expect a brand new device?
RE: Should I expect a brand new device?
(04-21-2015, 08:14 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: How do you find machine hours? How do you know which is which?

Mosquitobait,
Machine/blower hours are found in the Clinicians Menu, and can never be erased.
User hours will be erased/reset before they give the machine to you.

Remember, your insurance is going to pay your provider the same whether used or new.

I personally would ask for a new machine, as you will be using it for at least 5 years.
I wouldn't mind having a "slightly used" machine to keep as a backup.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Insurance usually requires the machine be rented the first few months. You have no "right" to a new machine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2015, 04:14 PM)QuickQuestion Wrote: Thank you for the quick answer, I kinda figured. I'm a pessimist and figured getting the model I want and not the one they have the highest margin on will be like pulling teeth. Then they will pull out the "ONE" that has been returned dozens of times. I would go some where else than the place I am going but insurance bs. Thanks again

Hi QuickQuestion,
If I were you, I would check with my Insurance to see how they handle this...
will they pay rental on the machine for you for several months before you own it?
I know that is how Medicare works, but I realize that everyone's insurance is different.
I would do my homework and get the machine you want. I don't believe you have to settle for used. Again check with your insurance coverage.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 2,967 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 961 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,480 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 343 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 395 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  New Device Looking for Insite. Jesmitty88 3 389 12-09-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [Equipment] BEFORE YOU TRUST ANY COMMERCIAL NON-FDA DEVICE srlevine1 0 319 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.