Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Should I expect a brand new device?
(04-21-2015, 08:14 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: How do you find machine hours? How do you know which is which?

Mosquitobait,
Machine/blower hours are found in the Clinicians Menu, and can never be erased.
User hours will be erased/reset before they give the machine to you.

Remember, your insurance is going to pay your provider the same whether used or new.

I personally would ask for a new machine, as you will be using it for at least 5 years.
I wouldn't mind having a "slightly used" machine to keep as a backup.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Insurance usually requires the machine be rented the first few months. You have no "right" to a new machine.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2015, 04:14 PM)QuickQuestion Wrote: Thank you for the quick answer, I kinda figured. I'm a pessimist and figured getting the model I want and not the one they have the highest margin on will be like pulling teeth. Then they will pull out the "ONE" that has been returned dozens of times. I would go some where else than the place I am going but insurance bs. Thanks again

Hi QuickQuestion,
If I were you, I would check with my Insurance to see how they handle this...
will they pay rental on the machine for you for several months before you own it?
I know that is how Medicare works, but I realize that everyone's insurance is different.
I would do my homework and get the machine you want. I don't believe you have to settle for used. Again check with your insurance coverage.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Is there a way to tell whether this anti snoring device is treating my sleep apnea? nico08 10 195 Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Last Post: ajack
  Placement of CPAP device TrailerSweetheart 21 826 03-06-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  [Equipment] New sleep apnea patient here using oral device for first time liz81 16 562 02-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  brand new to this, and a little nervous Leemax 4 235 02-15-2017, 11:00 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  How long can you expect your machine to last? ppca 8 422 02-13-2017, 02:06 PM
Last Post: ppca
  CPAP rental period is up...they say come in and get a brand new machine? JustMac 6 520 01-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Two week wait for DME to dispense my CPAP device Dagmar 40 5,543 01-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait