Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Should I expect a brand new device?
Should I expect a brand new device?
I have a sleep study tonight, I was told if I need one I will be going home with one in the morning. I decided I would demand the s9 autoset unless the airsense 10 is available unless I need a bi-level. I figure the s9 has a good track record. But my question is say they try giving me a machine with low hours should I demand a brand new one? I tried searching the forums and I couldn't find an answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I expect a brand new device?
Welcome to the forum.

I would ask if this is a new unit. If in doubt ask to see the blower hours. If it isn't new, ask if it is a loaner and will it be replaced and when.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah... What he said.

I actually would be ok with a machine that only had a few hours on it, as in one they used to demo with or whatever. But one they used as loaner or was returned? Not so much. So look at the hours. It should say something like in between zero and darn little.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick answer, I kinda figured. I'm a pessimist and figured getting the model I want and not the one they have the highest margin on will be like pulling teeth. Then they will pull out the "ONE" that has been returned dozens of times. I would go some where else than the place I am going but insurance bs. Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I had the Clinic send my perscription to the DME of my choice , and they set me up with the machine of my choice (just so happened to be the one they were recommeding anyway) Airset 10 autoset.
Nothing like the new machine smell Smile
Remember this is your treatment not theres!
Good Luck and.........
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi QuickQuestion,
Good luck to you at your sleep study and I agree, check the hours on the machine you'll be getting.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you start your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't look for User Hours but for Machine Hours. User hours can be reset in most machines but machine hours cannot.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
How do you find machine hours? How do you know which is which?
Post Reply Post Reply
For my Resmed 10: Clinician mode, scroll ALL the way down to ABOUT, click and read Run Hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can demand all you want but if it is not written on the prescription good luck.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 2,967 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 961 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,480 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 343 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 395 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  New Device Looking for Insite. Jesmitty88 3 389 12-09-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [Equipment] BEFORE YOU TRUST ANY COMMERCIAL NON-FDA DEVICE srlevine1 0 319 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.