Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Off grid camping update.
RE: Off grid camping update.
I remember several years ago we had a member "SailingAway" that was setting up a Resmed S9 to work on battery power on his boat. He spends his life sailing from place to place in the south Pacific tropics running his CPAP on battery power at night and recharging with solar during the day. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/search....17fb63ebf3 If that's roughing it, I'm in!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's so much information here! I'm so grateful to see all your posts.
(I was in South Beach Florida at a hotel late at night. Business trip. Woke up gasping for air, mask on. Power was out. It took a long time to come back on. I was scared, and stayed up until I had power. I complained; their response was, 'whatever'.)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2019, 08:01 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I remember several years ago we had a member "SailingAway" that was setting up a Resmed S9 to work on battery power on his boat.  He spends his life sailing from place to place in the south Pacific tropics running his CPAP on battery power at night and recharging with solar during the day. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/search....17fb63ebf3  If that's roughing it, I'm in!

What an incredible community we have here! Thanks for this note.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Is exactly why I bought my Phillips and wouldn't touch the other big name. My Phillips will run directly on 12VDC house battery supply. I too lived on a sailboat down island and the Philips eliminated the risk of power supply failure. One less thing to break! On a cruising* sailboat the KISS principle is very important!

If I ever get back on a cruising sailboat I will be taking duplicate everything CPAP and keep the backup unit in the Faraday box.
A lightning strike can ruin your entire day and all the electronics aboard.

*Boat repair in exotic places. Oh-jeez
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
I was in a motel in the middle of nowhere, Massachusetts. There was a lightning strike really near by. Lightning, thunder same time.

My cpap was plugged into a surge suppressor and extension cord. When the lights came back on my cpap worked. The old tv plugged in the same receptacle did not. I don't know the path. power? antenna cable? Don't care. Just grateful my cpap worked.

If my cpap had failed I would have packed car and headed back to Canada ruining my vacation. I can't buy a cpap unit in the US, even if it's in stock.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 623 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 271 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 579 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,629 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  [Equipment] Airsense Autoset 11 FW Update GrumGrum 0 452 10-16-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: GrumGrum
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 2,991 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.