Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Signs that it's time to replace F&P Simplus cushion?
Signs that it's time to replace F&P Simplus cushion?
What are some more obvious signs that it might be time to replace my F&P Simplus cushion? I've been using the same cushion for over a year now (cleaning it regularly) and it seems to be fine, but then I read about people who replace the cushion every 3 months and I wonder if I should be replacing it more often? It doesn't have any tears or rips in the cushion and still inflates fine and keeps a good seal with minimal leakage.

-Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Signs that it's time to replace F&P Simplus cushion?
Pretty simple. Replace it when it no longer holds a seal.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 07:53 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Pretty simple. Replace it when it no longer holds a seal.

Ah, okay! Tha makes sense. Thanks!

-Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 07:53 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Pretty simple. Replace it when it no longer holds a seal.

Ditto. Translation: when it no longer does its job, replace it. Let us know how log it lasts. Happy Monday.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 09:16 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:

Ditto. Translation: when it no longer does its job, replace it. Let us know how log it lasts. Happy Monday.

Coffee

It might last another 5 years at this rate. Smile

-Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 09:27 AM)PaulKTF Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 09:16 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:

Coffee

It might last another 5 years at this rate. Smile

OK I'll wait to hear about it then. Smile

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on 3 months with my Simplus cushion and still going good. I found that leaks always happen before failure, in my experience. I was going to see if there would be another failure mode but I'll just see what you have to say. Thanks!
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm coming up on 3 .5 years with my Simplus and it performs just like the day I received it. Just make sure you keep it out of direct sunlight.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 10:30 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I'm coming up on 3 .5 years with my Simplus and it performs just like the day I received it.  Just make sure you keep it out of direct sunlight.

Wow! 3.5 years on the cushion?
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 89 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 226 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 142 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 753 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 141 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 455 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.