Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Silicone mask is so comfortable.
Silicone mask is so comfortable.
Hi, I want to be sure everyone knows about a new Respironics sleep mask, Respironics DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask.  My own sleep therapist has apnea and he uses it. The tube comes off the top of the head so there is no getting tangled.  It is made of silicone so there is no velcro. It does not fit inside the nostrils so no sore red nostrils in the morning. I'm in heaven. like
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Silicone mask is so comfortable.
It's the one I've used. No issues with it. Of course it's the first and only one I've used so I can't compare it to others.
Post Reply Post Reply
The full face version curves up a little more around the nose and seems to give a better seal. But I only used it one night. The nasal cushion version you're talking about often leaked on me and shot air towards my right eye. Everything else about is GREAT though and I'd like to see more masks use this approach.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first mask in 2004 had 2 separate nose pillows and an "adjustable" headband made with.....wait for it.......
flexible METAL!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2018, 09:39 PM)blueeyessinging Wrote: My first mask in 2004 had 2 separate nose pillows and an "adjustable" headband made with.....wait for it.......
flexible METAL!

What kind of music is Flexible Metal?

Seriously, metal!   Thinking-about
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 04:27 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: What kind of music is Flexible Metal?

It can function as either death-metal or MOR, a.k.a. easy-listening.

(06-01-2018, 04:27 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Seriously, metal!   Thinking-about

Insurance replacement schedule: Headgear: 1 every 50 years
Post Reply Post Reply
how does this compare to other nasal masks?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

Instead of velcro straps, they are silicone. And adjustable. I love that the hose sits on the top of my head so I don't have to wrestle with  it at night. Best of all is the redesign of the nasal option. Old nose masks used to have separate nose pillows to fit inside each nostril. This one sits  below the nose and above above the lip and is very comfortable.
Are you a new user?
Post Reply Post Reply
Breeze?
Airsense 11, Airsense 10, Airmini, P10 and P30i
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 1 46 5 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 356 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Comfortable adjustment with Evora FFM Columbiabill 3 456 12-15-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Low AHI, Comfortable w/ APAP but Still Sleepy SJGD7 3 1,123 10-10-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,630 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  best way to clean the silicone on mask cushions? cberistain 9 1,360 11-26-2022, 06:43 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  [Philips Recall] Replacement device with silicone based foam mw1655 0 605 10-14-2022, 05:18 AM
Last Post: mw1655

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.